DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "5G Solutions and Market Opportunities: Technologies, Infrastructure, Capabilities, Leading Apps and Services 2019 - 2024" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
Select Report Benefits
- Most comprehensive 5G research available anywhere
- Identify business opportunities for infrastructure and devices
- Understand how DSPs, AI, and beamforming optimize 5G networks
- Identify leading 5G apps and services for initial commercial operation
- Mobile Edge Computing will be key for private wireless implementation
- MEC will also be important for public consumer applications, but lower priority
- 5GNR market for private wireless in industrial automation will reach $3.1B by 2024
- Global revenue for LTE based SMB mobility apps and service will reach $5.5B by 2024
- 5G applications market for enterprise and industrial segments will reach $29.4B globally by 2024
- Key 5G applications for business will be IoT connectivity, SMB/corporate mobility, and fixed wireless
- Vo5G will transform virtual reality to become a viable anytime, anywhere telepresence solution
- 5G antennas will be an absolute requirement to support the smart cities market and related services
- No longer tethered, the 5G driven global VR market is poised for dramatic growth, but mobility remains a challenge
5G networks provide much higher data rates (in a range of several gigabits per second) as compared to 4G/LTE. Equally important, 5G will provide ultra-low latency (less than 1-millisecond delay) required for certain portable and mobile apps and services such as industrial automation, robotics, haptic Internet, and virtual reality. 5G New Radio (5GNR) will support Ultra-Reliable and Low-Latency Communication (URLLC) for both mission-critical services and latency-sensitive consumer services. 5G is also standardized to provide improvements to the Internet of Things (IoT) and enhanced mobile broadband.
To provide these advanced capabilities, 5G networks must leverage various technologies such as smart antennas, millimeter wave RF, network slicing, and edge computing solutions. Current non-stand-alone 5G solutions must also undergo an evolution towards 5G stand-alone deployments that involve incremental upgrades from an LTE-based fabric to a 5G core to fully realize all 5G capabilities. Accordingly, global communication service providers must move beyond RAN build-outs, which provide bandwidth improvements, towards substantial core network infrastructure upgrades, which will provide full 5G capabilities.
The use cases for future 5G enabled applications and services are many and varied in terms of type, industry vertical focus, and requirements. Communication service providers must take into account use case-specific requirements and parameters, which at the highest level is broken down into three distinct 5G service categories as follows:
- Enhanced Mobile Broadband (eMBB): Mobile broadband based apps including video watching, browsing, mobile office/productivity, and cloud-based gaming.
- Ultra-reliable Low-latency Communications (URLLC): Augmented reality, virtual reality, telepresence (includes holographic calling), teleoperation/telerobotics, autonomous vehicles, UAV/drone operation, public safety, smart buildings, and other latency-sensitive applications
- Massive Machine-type Communications (mMTC): 5G will facilitate a highly scalable M2M network for many IoT applications, particularly those that do not require high bandwidth.
One of the more important challenges with 5G is juggling multiple requirements found within each 5G service category, which are also often mutually exclusive. For example, URRLC applications require high reliability (e.g. works exactly as it is supposed to work exactly when it's needed) yet also require very low latency and very high bandwidth. Achieving all three of these in support of quality of service and quality of experience requirements for demanding customers, such as smart factories, will be a major challenge for communication service providers. Correspondingly, each scenario will need to have its own network configuration and associated parameters. 5G network slicing provides a means by which different use cases may have its own portion of available network resources.
Network slicing provides the ability to balance the disparate requirements between eMBB, URLLC, and mMTC applications such as availability/reliability, bandwidth, connectivity, cost, elasticity, and latency. Leading communication service providers will leverage their investment in Software Defined Networks and Network Function Virtualization to optimize network slice allocation as well as overall network management and 5G orchestration. Each major service offering type (Mobile Broadband, Massive IoT, and Mission Critical Communications) will benefit from the ability to allocate a cross-domain, on-demand data pipe with strict QoS/QoE requirements met for any wireless device connected to the network.
Mobile Edge Computing (MEC) will have a substantial impact on 5G as it will provide much-needed computational optimization. Without MEC, 5G would need to rely upon back-haul to centralized, core cloud resources for storage and computing, diminishing much of the otherwise positive impact of latency reduction enabled by 5GNR improvements. In other words, MEC enables users and devices to store/access much higher volumes of data, and at much lower latency, by way of direct access to computational resources rather than relying upon core cloud computing for all processing. MEC will, therefore, be very important for network and application optimization for all three 5G service categories, but for different reasons.
5G Solutions & Market Opportunities represents the most comprehensive research available covering 5G technology, strategies, solutions, challenges, and opportunities. This research analyzes 5G technologies and operational issues such as network slicing, smart antennas, security, and edge computing in support of 5G. It also assesses the market potential for basic services, such as Voice over 5G (Vo5G), as well as leading 5G enabled applications, such as robotics, UAVs, and autonomous vehicles.
A summary of covered topics within this research includes:
- 5G Technology and Operations: This research provides an in-depth assessment of both technical issues (enabling technologies, 5G standardization and research initiatives, spectrum bands, etc.) and business areas (market drivers, challenges, use cases, vertical market applications, regulatory issues, trial commitments, introduction strategies, and impact to CSPs), as well as analysis of the emerging 5G ecosystem. The report includes specific ecosystem constituent recommendations and forecasts for both 5G investments, subscriptions, and more.
- 5G Network Slicing: This research evaluates enabling technologies and the market outlook for 5G network slicing. The report provides analysis of the market opportunities including Configuration Management, Performance Management, Service Level Agreements, and more. The report also includes 5G network slicing by specific use cases such as Smart Manufacturing, which includes Remote Monitoring, Supply Chain Management, Asset Management, Real-Time Monitoring, and Network Monitoring. In addition, the report provides an assessment of major segments such as 5G Network Slicing in consumer, enterprise, and industrial IoT. The report includes global forecasts for each area covered as well as regional estimates.
- Mobile Edge Computing (MEC) Market: This research evaluates the telecom and IT ecosystem in support of MEC including communications and computing infrastructure providers, managed services vendors, carriers and OTT providers. Our MEC analysis includes a focus on company strategies and offerings relative to current and anticipated future market needs. It also provides a quantitative analysis of the Mobile Edge Computing market including segmentation by industry vertical, region of the world, application, and services. It also provides forecasts for MEC based streaming data and real-time data analytics.
- Voice over 5G (Vo5G) Market: This research evaluates the Vo5G market including companies, technologies, strategies, and solutions. It assesses the market potential and outlook for many Vo5G supported applications and services including enhancements to existing solutions as well as completely new user experiences and use case scenarios. It also evaluates how 5G will support various next-generation immersive apps and services such as VR. This includes detailed Vo5G market forecasts for all major equipment, application, and industry segments.
- 5G Smart Antenna Market: This research evaluates the smart antenna market including key players, technologies, and solutions. This includes analysis of product and service strategy for smart antenna vendors. It also assesses the role and importance of smart antennas in terms of 5G network optimization including data speed enhancement and error rate reduction. It provides forecasts for the smart antenna market by Type (SIMO, MISO, MIMO), connectivity, and application globally and regionally. The research also assesses 5G smart antenna support of Internet of Things (IoT) solutions, providing forecasts for IoT applications. It includes detailed revenue forecasts as well as projected smart antenna shipments.
- 5G Security Market: This research evaluates the 5G threat landscape as well as technologies and solutions to secure networks, platforms, devices, data, and applications. It assesses the 5G security market outlook and potential for many 5G security solutions and services. It also evaluates the impact of security functions across various technologies including Mobile Edge Computing (MEC), IoT networks, and general mobility infrastructure. This includes detailed 5G security market forecasts for all major technologies, industry verticals, solutions and service types.
Leading 5G-enabled Applications
This research assesses 5G enabled Virtual Reality, V2X, Cloud Robotics, and Industrial Automation:
- This research provides an in-depth assessment of the Virtual Reality market including analysis of VR ecosystem and role of value chain partners, emerging business models and evolution of VR monetization, VR component market (devices, software, hardware, platforms), and key VR growth drivers, market challenges, and emerging opportunities.
- This report evaluates the V2X market including technologies, solutions, and major players. The report provides an analysis of market challenges, opportunities, and overall business outlook. V2X communications types covered in this report includes V2V, V2I, V2H, V2N, V2D, V2P, V2G, and Vehicle-To-Cloud. The report also covers ADA type including On-Board and Embedded ADAS. The report includes detailed forecasts for the aforementioned market areas.
- This research also evaluates the Autonomous Vehicle market including leading vendors, strategies, product and service offerings. The report evaluates autonomous vehicles by autonomy level, powertrain type, components, and supporting technologies. It also evaluates the impact of major technologies on autonomous vehicle markets such as 5G, AI, Mobile Edge Computing, IoT, data analytics, and smart building integration. It provides global and regional forecasts for the autonomous vehicle market including hardware, software, and services along with emerging technologies. It also covers major consumer and commercial categories including personal vehicles, shared vehicles (ride-sharing and shared vehicles/partial ownership.
- This research also evaluates the Aerical Drone and UAV market including enabling technologies, solutions, applications, and services. It assesses the market outlook and provides detailed forecasts for revenue and deployment globally, regionally, and within major countries. It provides market analysis and forecasts for all key Unmanned Aircraft Systems including drone hardware includes fixed-wing drones, rotary bland drones, nano-drones, and hybrid drones. Commercial drone market segments assessed include Energy and Propulsion, Automation Systems, Collision Avoidance Systems, Cyber Security, On-board (distributed) Data Processing, and Distributed Communications (communication data links and radio.
- This research also evaluates the Cloud Robotics market including technologies, companies, strategies, use cases, and solutions. It provides global and regional forecasts for Cloud Robotics apps, services, and components. Forecasts include the market outlook for Cloud Services support of Cloud Robotics including Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), Software as a Service (SaaS), and Robotics as a Service (RaaS). Forecasting for Cloud Robotics by deployment model is also included covering Public Cloud, Private Cloud, Hybrid Cloud, and Community Cloud.
- This research also evaluates the emerging role of Teleoperation and Telerobotics in Industrial Automation, including the impact in different industry verticals and technology sectors. It provides market forecasts for IIoT Teleoperation and Telerobotics systems, services, and solutions. It also evaluates the role of Digital Twin technology in teleoperation and telerobotics. It also addresses the role and importance of 5G New Radio (NR) for industrial automation, especially for private 5G networks.
Smart City Technologies & Solutions
This research assesses smart cities technologies and solutions including how 5G will support other technologies to transform the administration and support of living and working environments in leading urban areas. This research includes analysis of market factors driving smart city solution adoption, technology readiness and fitness for use. It also includes digital transformation including AI, edge processing, 5G deployment and usage, and advanced data analytics as a catalyst for smart city growth.
In addition to covering 5G technology, infrastructure and solutions, 5G Solutions and Market Opportunities 2019 - 2024 is also the most comprehensive research available addressing the LTE and 5G application and service market. It evaluates cellular broadband applications and services including revenue and usage (subscribers/users) by LTE, LTE Advanced, LTE Advanced Pro, and 5G. It also assesses LTE and 5G in private wireless networks as well as market opportunities for Mobile Edge Computing (MEC) in public and private networks including the market for computing as a service. It includes 5G application market sizing as well as LTE apps and services in terms of penetration and revenue for the following areas:
- Mobile Network Operator Provided Apps and Services in Consumer, Business, and Government Markets
- Computing as a Service (via Mobile Edge Computing) by Customer Type (Enterprise, Industrial, and Government)
- OTT Provided Apps and Services including VoIP, Messaging, Social Media, Video, Entertainment, and Productivity
- LTE, LTE Advanced, LTE Advanced Pro and 5G based Apps by Smart Cities and Suburbs, Exurban Areas, Rural Areas
- LTE Applications and Services by LTE User Equipment (LTE UE) Categories including Cat M1, Cat NB1, Cat 1, and Cat 4
- Apps and Services by LTE and 5G Device including Modems, IoT/M2M Modules, Smartphones, Wearables, and more
- LTE and 5G in Critical Communications by Segment (Public Safety, Homeland Security, Transportation, Utilities, Others)
- LTE and 5G Applications by Industry Vertical including Automotive, Government, Healthcare, Manufacturing, and Retail
- 5G Apps by Private Wireless, Industrial Automation, Critical Communications Services, Industry Verticals, and much more
- 5G Apps and Services by Category: Enhanced Mobile Broadband, Ultra-Reliable Low Latency Communications, and Massive Machine-Type Communications
This research also evaluates supporting technologies such as Artificial Intelligence in LTE and 5G by Technology, Customer Type, and Data as a Service. The report also assesses opportunities for Blockchain technology in 5G. For example, the report provides forecasting for global blockchain-driven LTE and 5G application and service market. Those interested in this research will also be interested in more narrowly focused, topic-oriented 5G research available from this publisher via this reseller. Individual reports on each topic covered in this research are available for immediate delivery to customers.
- Airgain Inc.
- Altair Semiconductor
- America Movil
- Analog Devices Inc.
- ANSYS Inc.
- ArrayComm LLC
- AT&T Inc.
- Atmel Corporation
- Avegant Corp.
- Broadcom Corporation
- BT Group
- California Amplifier Inc.
- Cavium Inc.
- Check Point Software Technologies Ltd.
- China Mobile
- China Telecom
- China Unicom
- Ciena Corporation
- Cisco Systems
- Cobham Wireless
- Cohda Wireless
- Comba Telecom
- Contus Vplay
- Coolpad Dyno
- Cyber Glove Systems
- Cypress Semiconductor Corp.
- Deutsche Telekom AG
- DigitCert Inc.
- EON Reality Inc.
and many more...
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/tsrjww