DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Global Agricultural Pheromones Market: Focus on Species Type (Codling Moth and Gypsy Moth), Application (Detection & Monitoring and Control and Kill) and Crop Type (Field Crop and Fruit and Nuts) - Analysis and Forecast, 2019-2024" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
Global agricultural pheromones market are expected to reach $780.3 million by 2024, rising at a CAGR of 14.0% from 2019 to 2024. Market growth is largely attributed to the efficient crop pest management offered by agricultural pheromones.
Making sufficient food available for the population has become an alarming concern for authorities while meeting the demand for food and agricultural products grown through biological means. All the regions across the globe are affected by pest infestation leading to significant crop losses. Agricultural pheromones have proven to be an effective solution for managing the pest population in both high- and low-value crops such as fruit and nuts and vegetables, respectively.
The increasing global warming, rising temperatures, and unexpected weather conditions are becoming factors responsible for the growth of pests in crops. The agricultural pheromones market has grown parallel to the decline in the market for chemical pesticides/insecticides. Generally applied insecticides, have been linked to cancers, birth defects, and learning disabilities. Therefore, developed nations all over the world have extended efforts to prevent the excess or assure small usage of chemical pesticides in their geographic jurisdictions.
For example, in March 2019, the European Union announced the ban of chlorothalonil, a fungicide that prevented mildew and mold on crops. Companies, in response, are strengthening their product offerings with new product launches is one of the most preferred consolidation strategies.
In 2018, the agricultural pheromones market by application was dominated by the control and treatment segment. Control and treatment are achieved by three major applications mean - lure & kill, mass trapping, and mating disruption.
Incorporation of pheromones in fruit and nut crops is expected to surge in the coming years, with growers increasingly looking forward to affordable pheromone solutions. Although many pheromone providers are providing pheromones at high costs, new players aim to provide pocket-friendly solutions for growers.
Some of the most prominent players in the agricultural pheromones market are Shin Etsu Chemicals Ltd., Suterra, Pherobank, Pacific Biocontrole, BASF SE, ISCA Technologies. The result of the emerging strategies and developments are already surging the market in the form of new product launches. Moreover, the growing market of agricultural pheromones is further expected to increase the involvement of companies across different segments of the value chain.
The majority of the companies preferred entering into business expansion and contracts to enhance their presence, while the relatively less adoptive strategies comprised mergers and acquisitions, thus consolidating a small part of the market. New product launches in the agricultural pheromones industry represented a major strategic move made by a large number of companies since 2016.
For instance, in April 2019, Biobest BV launched a new insecticide based on natural pyrethins named SYPRO which has been widely used for the management of pests in crops such as tomatoes, pepper, cucumber, eggplant, and courgette.
This report is a meticulous compilation of research on more than 100 players in the agricultural pheromones ecosystem and draws upon insights from in-depth interviews with the key opinion leaders of more than 40 leading companies, market participants, and vendors. The report also profiles 16 leading companies across the agricultural pheromones market supply chain.
Key profiles include Shin Etsu Chemicals Ltd., Suterra, Pherobank, Pacific Biocontrole, BASF SE and ISCA Technologies, among others.
Key questions answered in the report:
- What is the global agricultural pheromones market size in terms of revenue along with the growth rate during the forecast period 2019-2024?
- What are the key ingredients covered in the agricultural pheromones market?
- What are the major types of species that need monitoring and control in the agricultural pheromones market?
- What are the market size and opportunities for agricultural pheromones in different regions?
- What is the competitive strength of the key players in the agricultural pheromones market in terms of their recent developments, product offerings, and regional presence?
- What is the market size and growth of varied application segments across different regions and countries?
- What are the key drivers and restraints affecting the market dynamics in the global market?
- What are the economic parameters affecting the market, and what are their intensity?
- What are the major authorities controlling the agricultural pheromones market across distinct regions of the globe?
- What are the opportunities offered by the agricultural pheromones market for a new company to establish?
- Skepticism in consumers towards chemical pesticides leading to a rise of consumer interest in alternatives
- Target Specificity of Agricultural Pheromones Attracting Consumers
- High-Cost Owing Higher Processing Inputs Restraining Growth
- Future Research on Pheromones for Pest Management
- Integration of Supply Chain for Agricultural Pheromones
- ATGC Biotech Pvt Ltd.
- BASF SE
- Bio Controle
- Bioline AgroSciences Ltd.
- Biobest Group NV
- Certis Europe
- Hercon Environmental
- Koppert Biological Solutions
- Russel IPM Ltd
- Shin-Etsu Chemical Co., Ltd.
- Trece Inc.
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/6iqrwx