MILWAUKEE--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Marcus Theatres®, a division of The Marcus Corporation (NYSE:MCS), today announced it opened its first Movie Tavern® by Marcus in Wisconsin on Friday, October 11, 2019. Located at Brookfield Square, a one million-square-foot shopping center in Brookfield, Wisconsin, a suburb of Milwaukee, this entertainment concept features popular programs and offerings from Marcus Theatres. It also brings exciting new options to area guests.
“Having all three of our theatre brands — Marcus Theatres, BistroPlex℠ and Movie Tavern — in our hometown is important to us,” said Rolando Rodriguez, chairman, president and CEO of Marcus Theatres. “In February, we acquired the Movie Tavern circuit, and eight months later, we are excited to bring it to life at Brookfield Square. The new theatre will provide our guests with even more choices for their moviegoing experience.”
Unique offerings at the new Movie Tavern at Brookfield Square, include:
- A new menu featuring different dishes such as an Asian Beef Rice Bowl, Roasted Salmon Super Salad and a Teriyaki Steak & Shrimp dish
- Delivery-to-seat service model throughout the entire building, where orders can be placed at the Food and Drink Center and friendly food runners deliver their order direct to guests’ seats
- App and kiosk ordering of food, in which guests that purchase tickets through the Marcus Theatres Mobile App can also place food orders and select a delivery time
- Concession combos that appeal to adults such as Nachos Grande or gourmet, chewy pretzel bites with cheese, along with a beverage
- The Tavern (bar) — a perfect gathering space with or without a movie ticket. It features select, local craft beers and the popular Movie Tavern tankard, which is a refillable mug that can be brought back to the theatre and refilled at a discounted rate
- Outdoor seating with heaters. In addition, there are three magnetic wall games inside The Tavern including giant scrabble, Tic Tac Toe and peg solitaire. Plenty of options for guests to enjoy!
Movie Tavern at Brookfield Square has eight auditoriums, each with laser projection and comfortable DreamLounger℠ recliner seating. One of the eight auditoriums is a SuperScreen DLX® experience, with an oversized screen, immersive Dolby® Atmos® sound and optional heated recliner seating.
A full-service bar and Food and Drink Center adds to the experience, and with food delivery to every seat in the building, guests can enjoy the total moviegoing experience. In addition, value offerings that guests have come to appreciate at Marcus Theatres are also part of the new Movie Tavern theatre. These include $5 Movie Tuesdays, Student Thursdays, Young at Heart® and the Magical Movie Rewards℠ loyalty program.
Although this new property is the first Movie Tavern in Wisconsin, it is the 23rd overall in 10 states. Along with plenty of parking and entrances from both the mall and exterior, this concept provides Milwaukee-area guests a new option for moviegoing and a place to host business meetings, group events, team building activities and more. The theatre’s event team works directly with groups to plan a completely customized experience.
For more information about Movie Tavern by Marcus, visit www.MarcusTheatres.com.
About Marcus Theatres
Marcus Theatres®, a division of The Marcus Corporation, is the fourth largest theatre circuit in the United States and currently owns or operates 1,106 screens at 91 locations in 17 states under the Marcus Theatres, Movie Tavern® by Marcus and BistroPlex℠ brands. For more information, please visit www.marcustheatres.com and follow the company on Facebook and Twitter (@Marcus_Theatres).
About The Marcus Corporation
Headquartered in Milwaukee, The Marcus Corporation is a leader in the lodging and entertainment industries, with significant company-owned real estate assets. In addition to its Marcus Theatres division, its lodging division, Marcus® Hotels & Resorts, owns and/or manages 20 hotels, resorts and other properties in eight states. For more information, please visit the company’s website at www.marcuscorp.com.