NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--All references to "Mind Medicine" and "MMI" should read: MindMed. The first subheadline should read: Linton Takes Active Advisor Role in Gage USA, Better Choice Company and MindMed. Also, the first sentence of the first paragraph should read: Bruce Linton, today announced his planned involvement in the future of the cannabis industry, with active advisory roles in Wolverine Partners Corp. (d.b.a. Gage Cannabis Co.), (“ GAGE”) following its acquisition of Rivers Innovations Inc. (“Innovations”), Better Choice Company, Inc. (OTCQB: BTTR) (“ BTTR”) and MindMed. The third bullet under the header "Active Advisor" should read: Director, MindMed – MindMed is assembling a drug development pipeline of psychedelic inspired medicines planning or undertaking FDA trials.
The corrected release reads:
CANNABINOIDS ARE HERE FOR GOOD; CANOPY GROWTH FOUNDER AND INDUSTRY SPOKESMAN BRUCE LINTON ANNOUNCES INVOLVEMENT IN FUTURE OF CANNABIS INDUSTRY
- Linton Takes Active Advisor Role in Gage USA, Better Choice Company and MindMed -
- Becomes Activist Investor in SLANG and DNA -
Bruce Linton, today announced his planned involvement in the future of the cannabis industry, with active advisory roles in Wolverine Partners Corp. (d.b.a. Gage Cannabis Co.), (“GAGE”) following its acquisition of Rivers Innovations Inc. (“Innovations”), Better Choice Company, Inc. (OTCQB: BTTR) (“BTTR”) and MindMed. Mr. Linton expects to select and announce a multi-state operator (MSO) for a similar role in the near-term.
“Summer was a very costly vacation period for virtually everyone who owns/owned stocks associated with the cannabinoid sector,” said Bruce Linton. “I share your pain and may have indirectly contributed to it. For that I apologize. Let’s get back to a focus on creating value, thinking beyond the quarter and driving hard to bring science driven outcomes to the world.”
Mr. Linton’s involvement in this select group of companies will enable him to:
- be a voice in the core conversation to push regulatory and science possibilities,
- have visibility from humans to animals for cannabinoid driven outcomes and the next wave of therapeutic psychedelics, and
- be involved across multiple regions.
“The way I selected the companies was not how much equity they would give me. I turned down the most self-enriching offers,” said Linton. “However to be transparent, all firms provided me with generous equity exposure. With each firm and space, I sought to develop a specific view of how we build enterprise value from the current activities and limit disruption. Finally, and I believe importantly, one of my participating conditions was that key insiders lock up generally for the next 12 months. Why? This is about getting back to work with alignment.”
The companies selected land in two categories. Active Advisor or Activist Investor (the good kind), as Mr. Linton cheers for entrepreneurs. The roles and firms are:
- Executive Chairman, GAGE following completion of the acquisition of Innovations - GAGE is innovating and curating the highest quality cannabis experiences possible for patients in the state of Michigan and bringing internationally renowned brands to market.
- Special Advisor, BTTR – BTTR is an animal health and wellness cannabinoid company that acquired TruPet LLC, an online seller of ultra-premium, all-natural pet food, treats and supplements, with a special focus on freeze dried and dehydrated raw products.
- Director, MindMed – MindMed is assembling a drug development pipeline of psychedelic inspired medicines planning or undertaking FDA trials.
- SLANG Worldwide Inc. (CSE:SLNG) is a leading global cannabis consumer packaged goods company with a robust portfolio of renowned brands distributed across 2,600 stores in 12 U.S. states.
- OG DNA Genetics Inc. (“DNA”) – DNA has built and curated a seasoned genetic library and developed proven standard operating procedures for genetic selection, breeding, and cultivation.
“I want to thank the many entrepreneurs that reached out and at my core I wish I could be helpful to you directly, but the reality is we will all be working away at the same goals and perhaps I can be helpful by once again pushing the pace in the sector,” said Linton.
For future reference firstname.lastname@example.org