CRANBURY, N.J.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--OncLive®, the nation’s leading multimedia resource focused on providing oncology professionals with the most current and insightful information they need to offer the best patient care, will host its latest State of the Science Summit™ on Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer (NSCLC) on Wednesday, Sept. 25, from 5-9 p.m. at the DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Salt Lake City in Utah. The summit will be chaired by Wallace L. Akerley, M.D., oncologist; professor, department of internal medicine, division of medical oncology; and senior director, community oncology research at the Huntsman Cancer Institute.
This interactive and educational meeting will analyze and discuss novel treatments for patients with NSCLC. The expert presenters will discuss topics facing hematologic malignancies specialists, oncologists, nurses and other medical professionals. These topics are biomarker management of NSCLC; how big of a part heredity may play in lung cancer; the historical perspective on the optimal management of stage 3 NSCLC; the new standard of care for stage 3 NSCLC, specifically in relation to the era of immunotherapy; updates in immunotherapy; new immunotherapy combinations in stage 4 squamous and non-squamous NSCLC; optimal tyrosine kinase inhibitors in epidermal growth factor receptor-positive NSCLC; and the role of chemotherapy in treating PD anaplastic lymphoma kinase-positive and ROS1 NSCLC. The presenters will also engage in a peer exchange and address audience questions.
The summit will feature the following presenters:
- Lisa A. Cannon-Albright, Ph.D., chief, genetic epidemiology; adjunct professor, department of family and preventive medicine; and professor, department of internal medicine, University of Utah; investigator, Huntsman Cancer Institute
- Anna Chalmers, M.D., oncologist and clinical instructor, division of oncology, and investigator, Huntsman Cancer Institute
- Katie Kerrigan, D.O., fellow, hematology and oncology, Huntsman Cancer Institute
- Clarke A. Low, M.D., oncologist, Intermountain Medical Group
- Trudy G. Oliver, PhD, associate professor, department of oncological sciences, Huntsman Cancer Institute
- Shiven B. Patel, M.D., MBA, FACP, assistant professor, division of oncology, department of medicine, University of Utah, and investigator, Huntsman Cancer Institute
- Sonam Puri, M.D., hematology and oncology fellow, Moffitt Cancer Center
- William T. Sause, M.D., director, radiation and oncology, Intermountain Healthcare, and adjunct professor, department of radiation oncology, University of Utah
State of the Science Summit™ is a premier conference series hosted by OncLive® that features medical experts from across the nation discussing treatment options. Each summit integrates academic and community-based physicians and health care professionals across key disciplines, from medical and surgical oncology to hematology.
Registration is free and open to all health care professionals, and food and beverages will be served. For more information and to register, visit https://www.onclive.com/meetings/soss or contact Kayla Collins at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A digital platform of resources for practicing oncologists, OncLive® offers oncology professionals information they can use to help provide the best patient care. OncLive® is a brand of MJH Life Sciences™, the largest privately held, independent, full-service medical media company in the U.S. dedicated to delivering trusted health care news across multiple channels.