MILPITAS, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--FireEye, Inc. (NASDAQ: FEYE), the intelligence-led security company, today announced additional details for FireEye Cyber Defense Summit 2019, taking place October 7-10 at the Washington Hilton in Washington, D.C.
General Paul M. Nakasone, United States Army, Commander, United States Cyber Command, Director, National Security Agency/Chief, Central Security Service, will deliver an opening day keynote address on October 9. General Nakasone is one of the world’s premier cyber security experts and has held command and staff positions across all levels of the Army with assignments in the United States, the Republic of Korea, Iraq, and Afghanistan. He has also served on two occasions as a staff officer on the Joint Chiefs of Staff.
“We are honored to have General Nakasone give an opening day keynote at CDS,” said Kevin Mandia, CEO at FireEye. “This is a unique opportunity for our audience to gain insight from his decades of experience on the front lines of intelligence and cyber security, as well as his leadership in addressing the emerging threats confronting our nation today.”
This year’s closing keynote will be delivered by former astronaut and retired U.S. Navy Captain, Scott Kelly. During his record-breaking year in space, Kelly captivated the world while laying the groundwork for the future of space travel and exploration. While science was at the core of Kelly’s expedition, his talk will focus on the life lessons and personal stories from over Earth that led him to embrace risk and teamwork, and how this applies to the high-stakes cyber space environment.
Now in its 10th year, Cyber Defense Summit brings together the brightest minds across the public and private sectors to advance the cyber security mission. Last year’s Summit was attended by more than 1,200 individuals from 36 countries, and FireEye expects this year’s event to connect even more security-conscious professionals.
The keynote mainstage will also offer talks from FireEye leaders:
- CEO Kevin Mandia will share an update on today’s threat environment and its impact on enterprises and agencies around the world
- EVP of Products & Customer Success Grady Summers will discuss the role new advances in technology will play in protecting the community from evolving threats
- SVP of Global Intelligence Sandra Joyce will highlight real-world examples and strategies that illuminate the critical role threat intelligence plays in empowering agencies and organizations
- CTO of FireEye Mandiant consulting Charles Carmakal will draw from real-world case studies and discuss strategies to prepare and respond to aggressive attacks
In addition to keynotes and general sessions on October 9 and 10, the Summit will feature more than 50 speakers in more than 30 sessions across three breakout tracks:
- Executive track: What managers, executives, lawyers, and boards of directors need to know about cyber security
- Technical track: What security practitioners need to know to mitigate, detect, and respond to cyber attacks
- Solutions track: How FireEye solutions are used on the front lines of cyber security
More details on track sessions and topics is available at https://summit.fireeye.com/learn/tracks.html
Cyber Security Training
Eight security training courses will be held on October 7 and 8 focused on alert analysis, cyber intelligence foundations, cyber threat hunting, essentials of malware analysis, Helix™ threat analytics, investigations with endpoint security, network traffic analysis, and Windows enterprise incident response. Details on these optional courses can be found here: https://summit.fireeye.com/learn/training.html
For more information and to register for FireEye Cyber Defense Summit 2019, visit summit.fireeye.com
About FireEye, Inc.
FireEye is the intelligence-led security company. Working as a seamless, scalable extension of customer security operations, FireEye offers a single platform that blends innovative security technologies, nation-state grade threat intelligence, and world-renowned Mandiant® consulting. With this approach, FireEye eliminates the complexity and burden of cyber security for organizations struggling to prepare for, prevent, and respond to cyber attacks. FireEye has over 8,200 customers across 103 countries, including more than 50 percent of the Forbes Global 2000.
© 2019 FireEye, Inc. All rights reserved. FireEye, Helix and Mandiant are registered trademarks or trademarks of FireEye, Inc. in the United States and other countries. All other brands, products, or service names are or may be trademarks or service marks of their respective owners.