SEATTLE--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The global cucumber seeds market was valued at US$ 1,342.3 million in 2018 and is projected to exhibit a CAGR of 4.2% over the forecast period (2019–2027).
Key Trends and Analysis of the Global Cucumber Seeds Market:
Cucumber seeds can be grown in farmlands, greenhouse systems or other systems such as hydroponics. Significant amount of water is required for growing cucumber seeds. According to research paper, ‘Optimum Returns from Greenhouse Vegetables under Water Quality and Risk Constraints in the UAE’, published by Journal of Sustainability in 2017, growing crops in open farms in UAE faces challenges such as water scarcity and high level of salinity in the available water.
Request Sample Pages of this Report @ https://www.coherentmarketinsights.com/insight/request-sample/3012
As per the same source, greenhouse systems are potential alternative to growing crops in open field conditions in countries such as UAE where water scarcity is the major issue. However, the production of greenhouse vegetables also face challenges such as need for proper management, irrigation, water quantity & quality, output price instability, comparatively higher operational cost, and capital, labor & environmental constraints. Therefore, in order to meet increasing demand for cucumber, key players and researchers are focused on developing others systems such as hydroponics and net house to grow cucumbers with less water consumption, which would solve water availability problems.
Inquire before buying @ https://www.coherentmarketinsights.com/insight/talk-to-analyst/3012
Various key players are focused on mergers and acquisitions and research and development activities, in order to strengthen their foothold in global cucumber seeds market. For instance, in February 2016, HM.CLAUSE, a subsidiary of Groupe Limagrain, acquired Genica Research Corporation, a company specialized in research for breeding and production of hybrid vegetable seeds. This acquisition will help Groupe Limagrain to boost the research and development activities for vegetable seeds.
Moreover, in November 2018, Syngenta opened new research and development center in Antalya, Turkey for cucumber seeds to develop newest and most advanced breeding and seed technologies. It is expected to increase the product portfolio of Syngenta in Middle East and Africa.
Buy this Report Now (For Single user License) @ https://www.coherentmarketinsights.com/insight/buy-now/3012
Key Market Takeaways:
- The global cucumber seeds market is expected to exhibit a CAGR of 4.2% during the forecast period (2019–2027)
- Awareness regarding toxic nature of chemicals used in production of vegetables is increasing as use of toxic synthetic pesticides or fertilizers have negative effect on the crop production and the final product. Therefore, this increased awareness is shifting the farmer’s preference towards organically produced vegetables. This in turn is expected to fuel growth of organically grown cucumber seeds market over the forecast period. Therefore key players are focused on offering organic cucumber seeds, in order to attract consumer base.
- For instance, Peaceful Valley Farm Supply, Inc. offers organic cucumber seed varieties, which are California Certified Organic Farmers (CCOF) & the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) certified organic, non-genetically modified organisms (non-GMO) product and open-pollinated. These seeds are derived from the cucumber plants, which have grown conventionally without use of any synthetic pesticides or fungicides.
- Among regions, Asia Pacific is expected to gain major traction in global cucumber seeds market over the forecast period as the Asian countries are major producers of cucumbers. For instance, according to data released by Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations in January 2019, Asia accounted for share of 87.9% in production of cucumbers and gherkins in 2017.
- Some of the major players operating in the global cucumber seeds market include, Bayer Group, BASF SE, Groupe Limagrain, Syngenta, AG, Advanta Seeds, Sakata Seed Corporation, Semillas Fitó, SA, Yüksel Tohum A.Ş, Johnny's Selected Seeds, and satimex QUEDLINBURG GmbH
Global Cucumber Seeds Market, By Product Type:
- Hybrid Cucumber Seeds
- Open Pollinated/Heirloom Cucumber Seeds
Global Cucumber Seeds Market, By Farm Type:
- Others (Hydroponics, etc.)
Global Cucumber Seeds Market, By Region:
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Rest of Latin America
- Rest of Middle East
- Northern Africa
- Central Africa
- South Africa
- North America
- Company Profiles