LAKE CHARLES, La.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Waitr (NASDAQ:WTRH), a leader in on-demand food ordering and delivery, has launched the updated Waitr restaurant food delivery app for both Android and iOS. The new app is designed to create a more personalized and engaging user experience with an efficient order flow that allow users to place orders faster than ever. The new app also has a variety of group ordering improvements and optimizations that will get all your friends in on placing larger orders.
"Smartphones are a necessity for today's fast-moving world. Having an intuitive app is equally essential for hungry customers who want to quickly place orders from the convenience of their phones,” said Coco Pahl, product manager for Waitr. “We've made substantial updates and included many quality of life features that will keep users coming back to the app, ultimately driving more sales for our restaurant partners.”
The new app features:
- A new bottom menu bar gives users easy access to the restaurant list, search bar, profile and more.
- Simplified group ordering allowing multiple people to order for their own individual craving.
- The ability to add restaurants to a dedicated favorites list, right from search or the homepage.
- Auto-population for delivery address, phone number, and credit card information at checkout by adding ‘Default Settings’ to an account.
- New checkout flow allows users to confirm order details, select tip amount, and place orders all on the same screen.
- Warning notifications if a user tries to place an order that is more than 300 feet away from his or her current location to help reduce the number of orders placed to incorrect delivery addresses.
- The new 'Order It Again' section displays users' most recent orders, allowing them to add their favorite food items directly to the cart with a single tap.
The updated Waitr app is free and available now from the App Store and Google Play. Orders can also be placed online at www.waitrapp.com.
Founded in 2013 and based in Lake Charles, Louisiana, Waitr is a leader in on-demand food ordering and delivery. Waitr, along with recently acquired food delivery company Bite Squad, connect local restaurants to hungry diners in underserved U.S. markets. Together they are the most convenient way to discover, order and receive great food from the best local restaurants and national chains. As of March 31, 2019, Waitr operated in small and medium sized markets in the United States across approximately 700 cities.