PITTSBURGH--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Carnegie Learning announced today that it has made significant enhancements to its flagship digital platforms, MATHia® and Passport®, making them easier to use and more powerful for effective learning. A dynamic learning technology company, Carnegie Learning is committed to re-defining the role of technology across the K-12 landscape and supporting teachers every day in the classroom.
MATHia continues to improve its claim as the world’s most impactful math learning platform. MATHia is a smarter math learning software that uses artificial intelligence and cognitive science to mirror a human tutor better than any other software. It provides a truly 1:1 personalized learning experience for every student, supporting students who are struggling while challenging those who are ready for more, all at the same time.
LiveLab, the new live facilitation tool within MATHia, empowers teachers with in-the-moment actionable data to effectively manage students working in MATHia during a classroom lab. Dynamic indicators show which students are working or idle at all times, while alerts let teachers know which students may need additional support.
MATHia and LiveLab have both been getting significant attention, having recently been named the “Best Artificial Intelligence Solution” in the 2019 EdTech Awards and “Best Use of Artificial Intelligence in Education” in the 2019 EdTech Breakthrough Awards. This fall, Carnegie Learning has released significant improvements to the MATHia experience, including:
- New and updated reports to give teachers and administrators actionable data they need to guide improved student outcomes.
- New and enhanced math content within the software, delivered through Concept Builder Workspaces, which help students develop their understanding of math concepts, and Mastery Workspaces, which provide highly individualized and self-paced instruction that adapts to their exact needs to deepen their conceptual understanding of the mathematics.
- New Progress Meter to help both students and teachers monitor individual students’ progress through the curriculum.
- Significant performance and usability enhancements, including a faster, more reliable experience, improved scaffolding, and improved readability to make the content more accessible for students across varied reading levels.
Passport continues to evolve to help teachers teach and give students more opportunities to collaborate. EMC School, now part of Carnegie Learning, offers Passport, the innovative digital learning environment for ELA and World Languages that immerses students in what they’re learning and delivers everything teachers need to teach their way. With Passport, students can:
- Access all program resources anytime, anywhere
- Complete assignments and practice activities interactively
- Connect with the text using interactive tools and authentic audio
- Build skills and apply knowledge through project-based activities
- Extend learning with digital libraries packed with carefully curated leveled texts
- Submit work, get feedback, and track their progress
- Post videos sharing opinions, comments and more in a collaborative social media format using Flipgrid
This fall, Carnegie Learning has released significant improvements to Passport including a new messaging system that includes student-to-teacher and teacher-to-student communication, a custom Lesson Builder that allows teachers to develop and upload their own content into Passport, complete Flipgrid integration, and performance and usability enhancements.
“We believe educational technology should do two things—simplify teachers’ lives, while pushing to constantly deliver a deeper level of learning,” says Barry Malkin, CEO of Carnegie Learning. “With these latest releases, we’re giving teachers actionable insights in the moment, helping them address specific student needs as they happen. We make these enhancements with the help of our teacher partners, and our entire organization is committed to continuing that collaboration in the year ahead.”
ABOUT CARNEGIE LEARNING, INC.
Carnegie Learning is a comprehensive, dynamic and progressive learning technology company. Advocating a belief in teaching and determination to help students develop as learners and thinkers, Carnegie Learning is seeking to re-define the role of technology across the K-12 landscape. It delivers research-proven mathematics curriculum and the MATHia® platform for grades 6-12, project-based digital solutions for computer science, and best-in-class K-12 professional learning services. EMC School, part of Carnegie Learning, delivers blended learning resources and services for 6-12 world languages and English language arts. Mondo Education, also part of Carnegie Learning, provides high-quality literacy resources and services for K-5 classrooms. For more information please visit: www.carnegielearning.com, www.emcschool.com, and www.mondopub.com.