OMAHA, Neb.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Proxibid, the most trusted way to connect buyers and sellers of highly valued items, will provide live online bidding for the Silverstone Auctions Silverstone Classic Sale taking place Saturday, July 27 and Sunday, July 28 in The Wing building at Silverstone Circuit, Northamptonshire, NN12 8TN, U.K. Collectors from across the globe can bid on collector cars and automobilia from the comfort of their home or office via Proxibid. Prebidding for the Silverstone Classic Sale is already available at www.proxibid.com/silverstone.
With 130 classic and modern sports cars as well as automobilia, the Silverstone Classic Sale brings two fabulous days of auctions to collector car fans everywhere. Collector Car aficionados and new collectors alike will find the cars of their dreams when they bid in this auction.
This auction features several left-hand-drive vehicles up for bid and perfect for collectors
- Lot 220: 1954 Mercedes-Benz 300SL Gullwing – Delivered to the U.S. in 1954, this left-hand-drive vehicle was imported to the U.K. in 1998. With just 57,000 miles, the gearbox and brakes have been recently overhauled.
- Lot 227: 1994 Lancia Delta HF Integrale “Bianco Perlato” – This special edition “Evoluzione 2 Bianco Perlato” is 1 of 365. This left-hand-drive vehicle was imported to the U.K. in 1998. Between September 2014 and June 2016 more than £10,000 was invested in the car.
- Lot 240: 1985 Renault 5 Turbo 2 Evolution (Type 8221) – This Renault is the rarest road-going R5 Turbo model. With just 54,000 miles, this car has a newly rebuilt and serviced engine.
- Lot 245: 1996 Ferrari F355 Spider – This left-hand-drive vehicle with 26,000 miles is finished in Rosso Corsa and Nero with the desirable 6-speed manual gearbox.
- Lot 247: 2006 McLaren-Mercedes SLR – With just 16,500 miles, this left-hand-drive vehicle has formed part of our vendor’s private collection since 2016.
- Lot 450: 1972 Porsche 911 2.4S – This left-hand-drive vehicle has only 16,604 miles and features a Sepia Brown exterior with black interior.
“The Silverstone Classic Sale features a beautiful lineup of vehicles sure to capture the attention of even the most sophisticated collectors,” said Guy Lees-Milne, General Manager of Silverstone Auctions. “Because we know not every bidder can attend the auction in person, we are proud to partner with Proxibid to provide bidders with a secure online buying experience, from anywhere in the world with an internet connection.”
Online bidders can rest assured their transactions are secure when they bid live on Proxibid. Proxibid offers the industry’s most comprehensive risk management system, designed specifically to manage high dollar transactions like the collector cars and automobilia available in this auction. Proxibid’s robust online bidding platform is powered by enterprise-class technology and infrastructure trusted by the world’s largest auction companies, and boasts a 99.9+ percent uptime, making it the safest place to buy highly valued items.
For more information, to view auction catalogs, or to bid, please visit www.proxibid.com/silverstone.
Proxibid is the most trusted platform for connecting buyers and sellers of highly valued items. Since 2001, more than $45 billion in inventory has passed through Proxibid’s platform via live and timed auctions and buy now | make offer transactions. Proxibid’s Marketplace supports 16 categories including heavy equipment; industrial machinery; real estate; fine art; antiques and collectibles, and more.
Proxibid’s Powered By solution enables sellers to integrate Proxibid’s marketplace technology into their websites, offering custom development and more to bring ecommerce solutions to companies across the globe.
Founded in 2001, Proxibid is headquartered in Omaha, NE with offices in London. For more information about Proxibid, please visit www.proxibid.com.