OAKLAND, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Roofstock, the leading marketplace for single-family rental (SFR) investment properties, announced today that it has achieved several key growth milestones, including more than doubling their investor base in under a year. The innovative fintech’s key milestones include:
- The number of investors on the Roofstock Marketplace increased by 126 percent in 2018. Just six months into 2019, Roofstock is continuing this momentum and attracting new investors at an even faster pace.
- Roofstock properties sell much faster than the industry standard. In Q1 2019, the majority of Roofstock-listed properties sold in 15 days or less.
- Innovative, proprietary offering Roofstock One expanded into four total markets after launching in February. Offering accredited investors shares of single-family rental homes for as little as $5,000, Roofstock One homes are now available in Atlanta, Dallas, Houston, and Indianapolis.
Roofstock also continues to further its mission of democratizing real estate investing:
- 75 percent of Roofstock’s users are first-time real estate investors. Roofstock’s revolutionary model equips first-time investors with resources they need to get started: in-depth analysis to help investors find properties with ease, a unique money-back guarantee, hands-on support, and a team of vetted local property managers to handle operational responsibilities.
- About one-third of Roofstock investors are looking to invest more than $100,000 on the marketplace. The intuitive marketplace continues to attract a new generation of investors that want the passive returns real estate offers with the freedom to treat their investments more like a stock portfolio.
- Roofstock Academy formally launched in June 2019 to help people invest like the pros. A direct response to investor demand, Roofstock Academy equips new and seasoned investors with tools to start or scale up their single-family rental portfolio. The educational program combines online lectures and tutorials, one-on-one coaching, peer networking, and learning opportunities and interactive Q&A with Roofstock’s industry’s leading experts.
“We are proud to be the destination for so many real estate investors,” said Gary Beasley, CEO and Co-Founder of Roofstock. “We built Roofstock to democratize real estate investing and that will always remain the core pillar of our mission. Real estate can be a powerful avenue to build wealth, but the asset class is still not a mainstream choice for the everyday investor. Roofstock is leveling the playing field for investors, minimizing the hassles of traditional real estate ownership, and driving greater accessibility.”
Roofstock’s momentum continues to build. With a commitment to innovation that creates a unique investment experience, Roofstock is the preferred marketplace for investors building real estate portfolios.
Roofstock is the leading marketplace for investing in the $3 trillion single-family rental (SFR) sector, offering SFRs in top U.S. rental markets. The company provides all of the resources for investors to buy, own and sell real estate online, including data analytics, property management oversight, and other tools. Roofstock’s transparent, innovative marketplace empowers investors to own cash-flowing SFRs, diversify their investment portfolios and build long-term wealth through real estate.
Backed by world-class investors including Khosla Ventures, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Bain Capital Ventures, and Canvas Ventures, Roofstock has received numerous accolades for its innovations in the real estate industry, including earning a spot on the 2019 Forbes Fintech 50 list and being recognized as “Best Real Estate Platform” at the Benzinga Fintech Awards in 2018. Within two years of launch in early 2016, the Oakland, California-based company eclipsed $1 billion in transaction volume.