DENVER--(BUSINESS WIRE)--UDR, Inc. (the “Company”) (NYSE: UDR) announced today the release of the Company’s inaugural 2018 Corporate Responsibility Report and the launch of its Sustainability related website at https://www.udr.com/green-living/. The report and website summarize the Company’s Environmental, Social and Governance (“ESG”) achievements in 2018, and outline its targets for further improvement during the next 3-5 years.
Notable highlights from UDR’s 2018 Corporate Responsibility Report include:
- Set initial targets to reduce energy consumption by 15% between 2015 and 2025, procure 10% of common area electricity through renewable energy sources by 2025, and reduce water consumption intensity by 10% between 2015 and 2025.
- Will invest approximately $3.7 million to generate 1.0 million kwh of solar power in California and Washington, D.C. in 2019.
- Completed 41 LED lighting retrofits in 2018 that reduced common area electrical usage by 19% at targeted communities.
- Participated in 12 Demand Response Events in New York, NY and Boston, MA in 2018 that reduced electrical demand by 1,100 KW during periods of high energy use.
- Invested $750,000 in electrical panel upgrades at our communities in 2018 with expected electrical savings of 1.1 million kwh annually.
- Since 2010, the Company has developed or redeveloped 21 communities, comprising 6,788 homes, which have obtained sustainability certificates.
- UDR Associates completed over 60,000 hours of training in 2018, or approximately 40 hours per Associate.
- UDR Associates volunteered 2,041 hours in 2018, a 17% increase over 2017.
- 94% of UDR Associates would recommend the Company as a great place to work.
Additional details can be found in the Company’s 2018 Corporate Responsibility Report.
About UDR, Inc.
UDR, Inc. (NYSE: UDR), an S&P 500 company, is a leading multifamily real estate investment trust with a demonstrated performance history of delivering superior and dependable returns by successfully managing, buying, selling, developing and redeveloping attractive real estate properties in targeted U.S. markets. As of March 31, 2019, UDR owned or had an ownership position in 49,795 apartment homes including 366 homes under development. For over 46 years, UDR has delivered long-term value to shareholders, the best standard of service to residents and the highest quality experience for associates.