NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Barnes & Noble, Inc. (NYSE: BKS), the world’s largest retail bookseller, today announced the return of its customer-favorite Vinyl Weekend event taking place Friday, July 12 through Sunday, July 14 at Barnes & Noble stores nationwide and online at BN.com/Vinyl. This year, Barnes & Noble is celebrating Vinyl Weekend with a wide selection of exclusive vinyl records and incredible offers including 10% off all vinyl and 30% off Crosley turntables and accessories, plus giveaways, while supplies last, in select stores. Customers can also enter for the chance to win special prizes at select Barnes & Noble stores, while supplies last.
“We’re pleased to announce that Barnes & Noble’s Vinyl Weekend is back, with a unique selection of exclusives available only at Barnes & Noble,” said Moyo Labode, Vice President, General Merchandise Manager of Specialty Entertainment at Barnes & Noble. “We are excited to share our curated selection of vinyl and encourage new and seasoned vinyl shoppers to stop by Barnes & Noble stores or shop online for our exclusive vinyl, sales on vinyl and turntables, and giveaways in select stores. It’s sure to be the ultimate vinyl lover’s experience.”
Top Barnes & Noble Vinyl Weekend exclusives include:
- Kacey Musgraves’ Golden Hour exclusive picture disc
- Cyndi Lauper’s She’s So Unusual in an exclusive yellow color vinyl
- Creedence Clearwater Revival’s Chronicle: 20 Greatest Hits in an exclusive gold color vinyl
- Danny Elfman’s Dumbo original soundtrack
- Ingrid Michaelson’s Stranger Songs exclusive vinyl includes 2 bonus tracks
- Woodstock Three compilation featuring various artists in a purple and gold vinyl
- Woodstock Four compilation featured various artists in an exclusive green and white color vinyl
- Celebrate the Summer of ’69 vinyl featuring various artists
- Music from the motion picture Wedding Singer, Vol 2, in a translucent, red color vinyl
- Farscape’s original soundtrack
- Drop the Needle on the Hits: The Best of Sonny and Cher
- Drop the Needle on the Hits: The Best of Dionne Warwick
- America’s 50th Anniversary Collection 2 LP
- The Best of Roberta Flack in an exclusive pink color vinyl
- Original soundtrack of Carlito’s Way
- John Coltrane’s Lush Life in an exclusive purple color vinyl
- Wild Rose original soundtrack
- Cookin’ with the Miles Davis Quintet in an exclusive red smoke color vinyl
- Elvis Presley’s Good Times in an exclusive translucent red color
- Ringo Starr’s Ringo’s Rotogravure in an exclusive retailer translucent red color, limited anniversary edition
Also, available for Pre-Order today is a Barnes & Noble Exclusive Color Vinyl of the Soundtrack for Blinded By The Light, the film inspired by the true story, words and music of Bruce Springsteen.
There are limited quantities of each exclusive vinyl record available, so customers are encouraged to visit their nearest Barnes & Noble as soon as possible during Vinyl Weekend so they don’t miss out on the chance to pick up their favorites.
Special Discounts and Giveaways
Throughout Vinyl Weekend, customers will receive incredible offers including:
- 10% off all vinyl (in-store only with select titles online)
- 30% off all Crosley turntables and accessories (in-store only)
- 30% off select vinyl titles (in-store and online)
- 50% off Crosley turntable and speaker bundle (in-store only)
- All music magazines are buy one, get one 50% off (in-store only)
- Fun stickers (in select stores only)
- Free tall-sized fresh brewed coffee (iced or hot) with purchase of any vinyl or turntable
- Enter for a chance to win a free Crosley Chalkboard Turntable from July 12 through July 14 (in select stores). One winner per store. The winners will be selected and notified at close of business on Monday, July 15, by Barnes & Noble.
Select Store Prizes
Barnes & Noble customers can visit select stores across the country to enter for the chance to win special prizes, while supplies last, including:
- Two concert tickets for Cage the Elephant (one winner at Barnes & Noble in Boston, MA)
- Randy Newman’s signed Songbook lithograph or signed Dark Matter lithograph (six winners at Barnes & Noble in Carle Place, NY, and five winners at Barnes & Noble in Paramus, NY, will receive either Songbook or Dark Matter)
- Signed lithographs of Conor Oberst’s Ruminations (five winners at Barnes & Noble Fifth Avenue in NY)
- Signed lithographs of The Magnetic Fields 50 Song Memoir (three winners at Barnes & Noble Fifth Avenue in NY and three winners at Barnes & Noble in Oak Brook, IL)
- One vinyl of Bruce Springsteen’s Greatest Hits and Springsteen on Broadway and a signed Springsteen booklet (one winner at Barnes & Noble in Freehold, NJ)
- The Head and the Heart’s Living Mirage vinyl (one winner at Barnes & Noble in Greenwood, IN)
- Bruce Springsteen’s Greatest Hits and Springsteen on Broadway vinyl (one winner at Barnes & Noble The Grove in Los Angeles, CA)
- Signed lithograph of Lake Street Dive Free Yourself Up (five winners at Barnes & Noble in Madison, WI)
- Signed vinyl of Cyndi Lauper’s She’s so Unusual (five winners at Barnes & Noble in McLean, VA and four winners at Barnes & Noble 86th St. and Lexington Ave. in NY)
- Neil Young’s Tuscaloosa Live test press (one winner at Barnes & Noble in Tuscaloosa, AL and one winner at Barnes & Noble in Birmingham, AL)
Customers can contact their local store or visit the Barnes & Noble Store Locator to find out what events and special offers will take place at their local Barnes & Noble during Vinyl Weekend, and shop online at BN.com/Vinyl.
About Barnes & Noble, Inc.
Barnes & Noble, Inc. (NYSE: BKS) is the world’s largest retail bookseller, and a leading retailer of content, digital media and educational products. The Company operates 627 Barnes & Noble bookstores in 50 states, and one of the Web’s premier e-commerce sites, BN.com (www.bn.com). The Nook Digital business offers a lineup of popular NOOK® tablets and eReaders and an expansive collection of digital reading and entertainment content through the NOOK Store®. The NOOK Store (www.nook.com) features digital books, periodicals and comics, and offers the ability to enjoy content across a wide array of popular devices through Free NOOK Reading Apps™ available for Android™, iOS® and Windows®.
General information on Barnes & Noble, Inc. can be obtained by visiting the Company's corporate website at www.barnesandnobleinc.com.
Barnes & Noble®, Barnes & Noble Booksellers® and Barnes & Noble.com® are trademarks of Barnes & Noble, Inc. or its affiliates. NOOK® and the NOOK logos are trademarks of Nook Digital, LLC or its affiliates.
For more information on Barnes & Noble, follow us on Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest and Snapchat (bnsnaps), and like us on Facebook. For more information on NOOK, follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook.