LYNCHBURG, Tenn.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--With temperatures soaring and summer in full swing, the folks at the Jack Daniel Distillery and Coca Cola have created a refreshing drink recipe perfect for this hot holiday week. The Frozen Jack and Coke is a refreshing twist on the timeless American classic, mixing Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Whiskey and Coca Cola to create an ice-cold beverage that can be enjoyed by family and friends during Fourth of July celebrations and all summer long.
The Frozen Jack & Coke (also called a Jack & Coke Slushy) is a quick, easy way to stay cool all summer long with the recipe below.
- 1 ½ oz Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Whiskey
- 6 oz* of frozen Coca Cola in ice cube tray
- Blend all ingredients and serve with a cherry
- *Measure how much liquid fills one cube of an ice tray to get to 6 oz
- Freeze a cherry inside a couple of the cubes to make a Jack & Cherry Coke
- Recipe can be scaled up for a party
With a refreshing beverage comes the need for a delicious food pairing. Look no further, as the Jack Daniel Distillery and Coca Cola have created the perfect match for the Fourth of July with the Jack & Coke Ribs. Follow the simple recipe below for a classic American outdoor entertaining experience.
- 3 lbs baby back ribs
- 18 oz BBQ sauce
- 6 oz Coca Cola
- 2 oz Jack Daniel's
- Salt and pepper
- Cut rib rack in half or into thirds (make sure membrane is removed)
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper
- Combine BBQ sauce, Jack Daniel's Tennessee Whiskey and Coca Cola in a bowl, mix well and keep 1/2 cup of the sauce on the side
- Put ribs in crockpot and cover with remaining sauce mix
- Cook on low for 7 hours (once or twice during cooking, keep ribs wet by spooning sauce from the slow cooker over them)
- Turn off and let sit a few minutes
- Carefully move ribs to grill or broiler and cook just long enough to put a little crisp on the edges (a couple minutes and keep an eye on them)
- Brush with 1/2 cup of sauce and serve
Jack & Coke is the number one branded bar call, with nearly half of all Jack Daniel’s drinkers choosing to mix their whiskey, and over 70 percent of those consumers choosing to mix it with Coke or cola. Jack & Coke is an authentic, American beverage that can be made with any twist and sipped all summer long.
About Jack Daniel’s
Officially registered by the U.S. Government in 1866 and based in Lynchburg, Tenn., the Jack Daniel Distillery, Lem Motlow, proprietor, is the first registered distillery in the United States and is on the National Register of Historic Places. Jack Daniel’s is the maker of the world-famous Jack Daniel’s Old No. 7 Tennessee Whiskey, Gentleman Jack Rare Tennessee Whiskey, Jack Daniel’s Single Barrel Tennessee Whiskey, Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Honey, Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Fire, Jack Daniel’s Sinatra Select and Jack Daniel’s Country Cocktails. Today, Jack Daniel’s is a true global icon found in more than 170 countries around the world and is the most valuable spirits brand in the world as recognized by Interbrand.