CAMP HILL, Pa.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Enjoyed by generations of Californians, Rite Aid has expanded the availability of its iconic, award-winning Thrifty Ice Cream brand in a test with select stores in Delaware, Maryland, New Jersey, New York and Pennsylvania, in 48-ounce Containers and in up to eight delicious flavors:
- Butter Pecan: rich, buttery flavored ice cream and bits of butter-roasted pecans.
- Chocolate Chip: creamy vanilla ice cream and dark chocolate chip blend.
- Chocolate Malted Krunch: creamy California milk, crispy mini malt balls and a galaxy of dark chocolate specks and flakes.
- Cookies ‘n Cream: fresh chocolate cookie chunks mixed with creamy vanilla ice cream.
- Mint Chocolate Chip: mighty mint flavor and delicious dark chocolate specks and flakes.
- Pistachio Nut: rich, creamy and packed with real premium California pistachios.
- Rocky Road: rich chocolate, gooey marshmallows, and crunchy California almonds.
- Vanilla: classic vanilla-flavored ice cream.
“Thrifty Ice Cream is an iconic brand that has been enjoyed for nearly 80 years,” said William Renz, senior vice president, category management, Rite Aid. “Offering Thrifty Ice Cream in select stores in the Northeast is something we’re doing for our customers to ensure that more generations of ice cream lovers experience this one-of-a-kind ice cream brand.”
All Thrifty Ice Cream is made with Real California Milk, and many of the ice cream recipes have remained the same for 50 years. The Thrifty Ice Cream tradition began in 1940, when the first production plant opened in Hollywood, Calif. In 1976, the plant relocated to El Monte, Calif., where it remains. This highly popular brand has been winning awards for decades, including its first Los Angeles County Fair gold medal in 1952. Thrifty Ice Cream is currently available in 23 flavors in California and up to eight flavors, in 48-ounce containers in Delaware, Maryland, New Jersey, New York and Pennsylvania.
About Rite Aid Corporation
Rite Aid Corporation (NYSE: RAD) is one of the nation's leading drugstore chains with fiscal 2019 annual revenues of $21.6 billion. Information about Rite Aid, including corporate background and press releases, is available through the company's website at www.riteaid.com.