HAMILTON, Bermuda--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Aspen Insurance, the insurance segment of Aspen Insurance Holdings Limited, announced today the launch of their cyber risk management platform, SSIMPLE™ (“SSIMPLE’’), developed to assist clients in the prevention and detection of, and response to, privacy and network security incidents.
The SSIMPLE platform includes existing components of Aspen Insurance’s Apex insurance policy and incident response capabilities, with added and differentiating pre-incident services at no additional cost. Aspen’s cyber insurance clients will now benefit from this one-stop, holistic solution.
Josh Ladeau, Aspen Insurance Global Head of Tech E&O and Cyber, said: “SSIMPLE is more than insurance. Customers enjoy a comprehensive breadth of services, ranging from data leakage identification, to zero day protection and vendor assessment. Most importantly, our dedicated team of legal, privacy and network security professionals are actively involved in the evaluation and implementation of these solutions that are only available to Aspen’s US-domiciled, primary cyber policyholders.”
Designed and managed by Aspen’s in-house Certified Information System Security Professionals (CISSPs), SSIMPLE combines Secure Systems and Information Management Principles with the benefits of Loss Experience. Complexity is often a barrier to security, and SSIMPLE allows clients to leverage Aspen’s expertise for streamlined access to such complimentary, third-party services as:
- a web-based portal to assess cybersecurity posture;
- Microsoft® Office 365® security auditing to evaluate existing configuration, identify solutions, and prioritize actions;
- resource access to develop and improve organizational controls (e.g., policy templates, security training videos, and loss calculation tools);
- external network scanning to identify security risks for clients and their third party vendors;
- Domain Name System (DNS) threat intelligence and tools to help enforce web access policy compliance and provide web usage analytics;
- 24/7 endpoint monitoring to identify malicious activity, perform related forensic analyses and accelerate incident response; and
- a web-accessible screening tool to uncover data leakage associated with recently accessed files and USB ports
Ladeau added: “Cybersecurity isn’t just an IT problem and spans beyond reducing organizational risk. It is a business problem that requires cultural integration and a genuine investment by leadership. Business leaders, who acknowledge this and accept responsibility for addressing cyber security head-on within their organizations, will enjoy a competitive advantage in the long-term.
“For the insurance industry, carriers that are able to optimize risk management services and offer in-house, technical expertise will be best positioned to capture market share. Agents and brokers should consider these factors when comparing the value Insurers bring to their clients and the cyber insurance market in general.”
More information is available at www.SSIMPLE.com
About Aspen Insurance Holdings Limited
Aspen provides reinsurance and insurance coverage to clients in various domestic and global markets through wholly-owned subsidiaries and offices in Australia, Bermuda, Canada, Ireland, Singapore, Switzerland, the United Arab Emirates, the United Kingdom and the United States. For the year ended December 31, 2018, Aspen reported $12.6 billion in total assets, $7.2 billion in gross reserves, $2.7 billion in total shareholders’ equity and $3.4 billion in gross written premiums. Aspen's operating subsidiaries have been assigned a rating of “A” by Standard & Poor’s Financial Services LLC (“S&P”), an “A” (“Excellent”) by A.M. Best Company Inc. (“A.M. Best”) and an “A2” by Moody’s Investors Service, Inc. (“Moody’s”).