BEDFORD, Mass.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Progress (NASDAQ: PRGS), the leading provider of application development and digital experience technologies, today announced the latest release of Progress® Kendo UI®, the most complete UI toolkit for web development. Today’s release includes a series of new components for jQuery, Angular, React and Vue as well as major enhancements for some of its most popular existing components.
With the latest release of Kendo UI toolkit, Progress is introducing two new components – PDF Viewer and Drawer as well as major enhancements to existing components:
- The PDF Viewer enables developers to host PDF files within the app without downloading them to local machines first. The component can work with both PDF.js and the Telerik® Document Processing Library to process the PDF files for viewing and exporting. An added virtualization feature also ensures that even the largest PDF files can be displayed in the component.
- The Drawer widget, a standard for navigating web applications, can either be overlaid on top of existing content or moved to the side of content. Its elements can be customized to have their own layout templates and feature the ability to display a more compact layout, called “mini” mode, which shows only the menu items’ icons. Kendo UI also now offers zero-day support for jQuery 3.4.0.
- Existing components with major new enhancements include the Spreadsheet widget, which now has image support, cell comments and a large expansion of its events. The ListView now includes endless scrolling and the Menu offers data binding. The mobile experience for multiple components has been improved. The adaptive behavior of Grid and Scheduler has been expanded and the mobile support for the DateRangePicker has been improved.
- Kendo UI now offers Angular ColorPicker to provide either a drop-down or expanded widget to let developers select colors within Angular applications. This can be done by providing a predefined color palette for users to choose from or a gradient, which offers more flexibility for picking a specific color.
- The Angular Scheduler component has received several new features, including multi-day and week views, along with resizing and drag-and-drop support.
- Another UI component, the Editor, now has a large array of tools to manipulate its content.
- Other Angular components that saw enhancements include the Dropdown components, which received new major features and WCAG 2.1 support.
Progress® KendoReact™ UI components now provide many new React UI components, including:
- Editor, which enables end users to input free-form text and apply formatting.
- The DateTimePicker, which provides a single input element to select both date and time.
- The Notification widget, which enables developers to easily showcase additional information on top of their existing user interface.
- The Sortable package, which is a handy utility library that allows displaying a generic list of items and drag-and-drop reordering of its elements.
- The Drag & Drop utility library, which makes any UI element draggable and defines exactly what can be dragged and where it can (or cannot) be dropped.
- React developers can now get added value from existing components as well. For example, the Data Grid has two new features: column virtualization (in addition to the already available row virtualization) and Context menu. The TreeView component now includes Checkbox selection and Drag-and-Drop built-in.
With the new release, Progress provides new component enhancements and the expansion of native Grid for Vue.js developers. The native Grid now supports full Grouping and Virtualization. A new Column Virtualization feature has been added to the existing Row Virtualization to enable users to scroll seamlessly through large datasets both horizontally and vertically. New locked/frozen column capabilities have been added to allow users to lock and unlock columns both on the left and right side of the grid. Finally, a new grid column menu has been introduced to make the access and use of all features at the column level easier. With it, users can now manage individual columns properties and even create custom commands.
In addition to the Grid enhancements, the ListView component now includes Endless Scrolling, which enables users to browse through large datasets without having to manually page through multiple screens.
The latest Progress Kendo UI release is available today. For more information, go to https://www.progress.com/kendo-ui or attend one of the two upcoming release webinars, taking place June 4 and June 6. Register here for the Kendo UI webinar or here for the dedicated KendoReact UI components webinar.
Progress (NASDAQ: PRGS) offers the leading platform for developing and deploying strategic business applications. We enable customers and partners to deliver modern, high-impact digital experiences with a fraction of the effort, time and cost. Progress offers powerful tools for easily building adaptive user experiences across any type of device or touchpoint, award-winning machine learning that enables cognitive capabilities to be a part of any application, the flexibility of a serverless cloud to deploy modern apps, business rules, web content management, plus leading data connectivity technology. Over 1,700 independent software vendors, 100,000 enterprise customers, and two million developers rely on Progress to power their applications. Learn about Progress at www.progress.com or +1-800-477-6473.
Progress, Telerik, KendoReact and Kendo UI are trademarks or registered trademarks of Progress Software Corporation and/or one of its subsidiaries or affiliates in the US and other countries. Any other trademarks contained herein are the property of their respective owners.