SAN JOSE, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--E Ink Holdings, "E Ink" (8069.TW), the leading innovator of electronic ink technology, will display its latest innovations in color displays, writing films and new light transmissive films at SID Display Week 2019 from May 14-16, 2019 in San Jose. E Ink’s leadership in advanced materials and active film technology are highlighted by the introduction of two new platforms. This show marks the first public, large-scale exhibit in the U.S. of E Ink JustWrite, released in late 2018, and the first large scale exhibit of E Ink’s new variable light transmissive control films, E Ink JustTintTM. In addition, the company will showcase its full color Advanced Color ePaper (ACeP) technology, including demos with improved update times; large format, flexible displays; and display solutions for connected devices, retail and healthcare.
Electronic paper displays from E Ink are well-recognized as being the technology behind eReaders, but E Ink’s industry-leading technology also enables electronic shelf labels that can respond to customer traffic patterns, medical devices that empower better medical adherence, and films that open new possibilities for light control.
In addition to the latest wearables, eReaders and eNotes, technologies to be showcased include:
- E Ink JustTintTM – this new, innovative variable transmission light control film technology provides variable tint and on demand privacy solutions, which is fast switching, bistable and conformable.
- E Ink JustWriteTM – this new film delivers a natural writing experience without the use of a TFT backplane or complex electronics. Exhibiting almost no latency in pen writing, this film technology closely resembles writing on paper, natural surfaces or marker boards.
- Advanced Color ePaper (ACeP) – a high quality, full color reflective display. In the ACeP platform, the ink can produce full color at every pixel, without the use of a color filter array (CFA). E Ink will be showcasing ACeP in both 26” and 13.3”, both of which are now in production, and an advanced display demonstrating a less than 3 second update time for a new color image.
- Demonstration of large format, foldable backplanes – targeted for the architecture and construction fields, this 32” display featuring an a-SI TFT on PI can show full scale blueprints in an easy to carry form factor.
- Devices to be used by medical providers in hospitals and clinics, from E Ink partners Advantech and Avalue.
E Ink will be presenting two invited papers on the technology behind JustWrite and the JustTint on Wednesday, May 15, and will be presenting in other sessions during the week:
- Tuesday, May 14 @ 12:15 pm, Exhibitor Forum: “E Ink Expands the Universe of Electrophoretic Display Platforms”, presented by Dr. Michael M. McCreary.
- Wednesday, May 15 @ 10:40 am - 11:00 am, Room LL30A: “Magnetically Written Electrophoretic Display”, presented by Dr. Stephen Telfer.
- Wednesday, May 15 @ 11:00 - 11:20 am, Room LL20A: “Variable Transmission Electrophoretic Films”, presented by Dr. Michael M. McCreary.
- Friday, May 17 @ 9:00 - 10:20 am, Room LL20A: “Specular Reflection Measurements on Reflective E-paper Using a Variable Aperture Source”, presented by Dr. Dirk Hertel.
E Ink is again the corporate sponsor for this year’s I-Zone, a space for not-yet-commercialized prototypes and proof of concepts in a dedicated area of the show floor at the premier display exhibition in North America.
To get a firsthand look and experience the company’s innovative products at SID Display Week, please visit E Ink’s booth #616 from May 14-16, 2019. For additional information on E Ink’s solutions, please visit www.eink.com.
About E Ink Holdings
E Ink Holdings Inc. (8069.TWO), based on technology from MIT’s Media Lab, has transformed and defined the eReader market and is redefining the signage, architecture and design, mobile, wearable and retail markets with its ePaper technology, enabling a new multi-billion dollar market in less than 10 years. Its corporate philosophy aims to deliver revolutionary products, user experiences and environmental benefits through advanced technology development. This vision has led to its continuous investments in the field of ePaper displays as well as expanding the use of its technologies into a number of other markets and applications including smart packaging and fashion. Its Electrophoretic Display products make it the worldwide leader for ePaper. Its Fringe Field Switching (FFS) technologies are a standard for high-end LCD displays and have been licensed to all major liquid crystal display makers in the world. Listed in Taiwan's Taipei Exchange (TPEx) and the Luxembourg market, E Ink Holdings is now the world's largest supplier of ePaper displays. For more information please visit www.eink.com.