MILPITAS, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Renesas Electronics Corporation (TSE:6723), a premier supplier of advanced semiconductor solutions, today announced it will highlight advances in real-time embedded intelligence in booth #828 at the Internet of Things World conference in Santa Clara, Calif., May 14-16, 2019.
Renesas will showcase a variety of microprocessor (MPU) and microcontroller (MCU) solutions that address the changing real-time, security and convenience demands of smart factory, smart home, smart industrial, and energy harvesting applications.
- Real-Time Industrial IoT (IIoT) Gateway: Renesas will demonstrate a secure, end-to-end gateway solution communicating as an OPC UA server that can be connected to any OPC UA client or to a cloud interface. Based on the RZ/N1 MPU, the Renesas IIoT gateway solution collects sensor data from the factory floor and sends it to the cloud for real-time analysis leveraging OPC UA and analytics technologies from Beeyond Incorporated and Bruviti, respectively. The Renesas RZ/N1 MPU enables OT-IT connection on the same chip via a unique core-to-core mechanism that facilitates data transfer between two cores operating in OT and IT environments.
- Secure Chip-to-Cloud Connectivity over Cellular using the Renesas Synergy™ Platform: As more intelligent devices come online at the edge, the flexibility to wirelessly connect to the cloud using Wi-Fi or cellular becomes increasingly important. The Synergy AE-CLOUD2 kit is an out-of-the-box reference design and starting point for developers to quickly connect to their preferred enterprise clouds, such as Microsoft Azure™, Amazon Web Services™ or Google Cloud Platform™. The AE-CLOUD2 kit features the Renesas Synergy S5D9 MCU alongside a wide array of sensors and is certified globally for operation on 4G/LTE Cat-M1 and Cat-NB1 cellular networks.
- Real-Time Asset Tracking: Renesas and Medium One will demonstrate a complete end-to-end solution for next-generation, cloud-based asset tracking with the RX-based LoRa Network solution. Featuring Renesas MCUs, Medium One cloud services, and sub-GHz communication protocols, the solution allows users to “follow the dots” to remotely track and manage assets in real time in the cloud using a smartphone and other mobile devices.
- Energy Harvesting with Silicon-on-Thin-Buried-Oxide (SOTB™) Technology: The SOTB agriculture soil monitoring proof of concept will demonstrate the use of Renesas’ unique integrated solution to manage harvested energy at the MCU level by leveraging ambient energy sources such as wind, light, thermal, vibration and flow. Featuring the ultra-low power SOTB R7F0E embedded controller product, the solution allows energy harvesting technologies to drive sensor networks in environments that require battery-free sensors or sensors that function for long periods without battery replacements.
- Embedded Security for a Connected World: Renesas will host a series of in-booth mini seminars to explore common security use cases and threats. Renesas experts will highlight innovative MCU-based security features that secure embedded applications from malicious attacks, provide authentication functions that mitigate device cloning, and ensure trusted network communications that protects IP. Secure firmware field upgrades are provided via secure device boot support.
About Renesas Electronics Corporation
Renesas Electronics Corporation (TSE: 6723) delivers trusted embedded design innovation with complete semiconductor solutions that enable billions of connected, intelligent devices to enhance the way people work and live. A global leader in microcontrollers, analog, power, and SoC products, Renesas provides comprehensive solutions for a broad range of automotive, industrial, home electronics, office automation, and information communication technology applications that help shape a limitless future. Learn more at renesas.com.
(Remarks). Renesas Synergy is a trademark of Renesas Electronics Corporation. SOTB is a trademark of Renesas Electronics Corporation. All other registered trademarks or trademarks are the property of their respective owners.