ABERDEEN, Md.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Corvias, the Army’s on-post housing partner at Aberdeen Proving Ground (APG), has begun a series of activities to improve resident experiences and enhance service, safety and resident satisfaction within the military installation. The initiatives are part of The Corvias Commitment™, a set of principles used to improve the company’s responsiveness, communication and commitment to excellence.
Among the improvements being made across the APG community are:
- The hiring of additional maintenance technicians.
- A local call center for residents.
- Preventative maintenance initiatives with power washing, landscaping and a renewed focus on grounds maintenance.
- Additional morning and evening scheduling for non-emergency work orders.
- New maintenance procedures for maintenance teams, such as asking residents if they would like Corvias staff to wear booties before entering their home to conduct repairs or respond to requests.
- Community projects such as regular playground assessment to identify needed repairs and a regular policing of the grounds.
- Communication efforts which includes a new monthly newsletter to share community updates and useful information, as well as the opening of a new Self-Help Center at the community center.
“Resident satisfaction is very important to Corvias,” Tim Toohey, Managing Director of Property Management for Corvias. “We continually strive to provide the best service and we are focused on exceeding expectations.”
Corvias’ activity at Aberdeen Proving Ground includes management of 775 homes, which supports an average of 155 direct annual jobs, generating $1.3 billion in output and approximately $260 million in wages during the lifetime of operations. These activities will also generate approximately $79 million in total tax revenues for the state of Maryland.
Aberdeen Proving Ground is the Army's oldest active proving ground, established six months after the United States entered World War I in 1917.
As a privately-owned company headquartered in East Greenwich, RI, Corvias partners with higher education and government institutions nationwide to solve their most essential systemic problems and create long-term, sustainable value through our unique approach to partnership. Corvias pursues the kinds of partnerships that materially and sustainably improve the quality of life for the people who call our communities home, purposefully choosing to partner with organizations who share our values and whose mission is to serve as the foundational blocks, or pillars, of our nation. To learn more, please visit: www.corvias.com