SAN JOSE, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Hewlett Packard Enterprise (NYSE: HPE) today announced that the company will offer new parents six months of paid leave following the birth or adoption of a child, in addition to other benefits designed to improve work/life balance for employees.
“Innovation is our top priority at HPE, and that is made possible by the culture we build,” said HPE CEO Antonio Neri. “We will retain and attract the best talent because of who we are, how we work, and how we treat our people, which in turn will help our customers and partners thrive.”
In addition to the expanded parental leave, HPE announced several benefits and innovative career support options that will be offered to its global workforce of more than 60,000 employees:
- Wellness Fridays: Employees will be encouraged to leave the office three hours early on a designated Friday each month to volunteer, focus on physical or emotional health, or spend time on personal or career development. Employees will be paid as usual for the three hours.
- Parental Transition Support: New parents will have the opportunity to work part time for up to 36 months following the birth or adoption of a child.
- Career Reboot: Offers job opportunities at HPE to individuals, such as stay-at-home-parents, who have been out of the workforce for an extended period of time and are ready to restart their careers.
- Retirement Transition Support: Employees within one year of retirement may work part time to help ease their transition to post-working life.
“Our culture at HPE is one that values employees’ lives inside and outside of the office,” added HPE chief people officer Alan May. “Offering benefits that promote wellbeing for the whole person, like giving moms and dads the opportunity to be at home with their new child for a longer period of time, provides the security and balance needed for our people to be able to build long-term careers with us.”
The benefits offerings were shared with employees by Neri just ahead of the start of the grand opening celebration for HPE’s new headquarters facility.
The headquarters building itself, located at 6280 America Center Drive in San Jose, California, was designed to enhance the employee, customer and partner experience and to cement a culture of innovation. Notable design features, many of which were personally chosen by Mr. Neri, include:
- Executive leadership seated in the open with their teams
- Collaborative, open workspaces providing flexibility and choice to employees
- Convenience services including transit shuttles, fuel delivery, dry cleaning pickup and drop off, on-site café, and fitness center
- Intelligent workplace system powered by HPE technologies
- Newly designed Executive Briefing Center and Innovation Showcase providing immersive, hands-on experience with HPE technologies on site to customers planning their IT transformations
- Warm, inviting finishes and materials
Learn more about the new corporate headquarters here: https://youtu.be/_tlq7HYNLNo.
About Hewlett Packard Enterprise
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is a global technology leader focused on developing intelligent solutions that allow customers to capture, analyze, and act upon data seamlessly from edge to cloud. HPE enables customers to accelerate business outcomes by driving new business models, creating new customer and employee experiences, and increasing operational efficiency today and into the future.