MINNEAPOLIS--(BUSINESS WIRE)--EY today announced the finalists for the Entrepreneur Of The Year® 2019 Award in the Heartland. Widely considered one of the most prestigious business awards programs in the U.S., the program recognizes entrepreneurs and leaders of high-growth companies who are excelling in areas such as innovation, financial performance and personal commitment to their businesses and communities, while also transforming our world. These business leaders were selected by a panel of independent judges. Award winners will be announced at a black-tie gala on June 27 at the Children’s Theatre Company in Minneapolis.
“Every year, we are impressed by the ingenuity, passion and undying optimism exuded by the entrepreneurs we meet and honor through this awards program. They don’t follow trends – they define them. EY is proud to celebrate the Heartland finalists in this year’s Entrepreneur Of The Year program,” said Dominic Iannazzo, EY’s Heartland program co-director.
The 2019 finalists are:
- Andre Best, Best Home Care, LLC (St. Paul, Minnesota)
- Janet Johanson, BevSource, Inc. (St. Paul, Minnesota)
- Charles Kummeth, Bio-Techne (Minneapolis, Minnesota)
- Ron Carson, Carson Group (Omaha, Nebraska)
- Richard Ward, Corporate Direct Apparel dba Merchology (Minnetonka, Minnesota)
- Fred Ross, Custom Truck One Source (Kansas City, Missouri)
- Benjamin Bercaw, Caroline Bercaw, Isabel Bercaw, Kimberly Bercaw, Da Bomb, LLC (Minneapolis, Minnesota)
- Paul Sween, Dominium (Plymouth, Minnesota)
- Carl Imo, Imo's Franchising, Inc. / Roma Grocery (St. Louis, Missouri)
- Timothy Herbert, Inspire Medical Systems, Inc. (Golden Valley, Minnesota)
- Mark Gorder, IntriCon Corporation (Arden Hills, Minnesota)
- Christopher Smith, Kipsu, Inc. (Minneapolis, Minnesota)
- Krista Carroll, Latitude (Minneapolis, Minnesota)
- Alan Doan and Michael Mifsud, Missouri Star Quilt Co. (Hamilton, Missouri)
- Tim Chadwick, MMC Corporation (Overland Park, Kansas)
- Richard Murphy Jr., Murphy Warehouse Company dba Murphy Logistics Solutions (Minneapolis, Minnesota)
- Bach Parker, Blake Elliott, Luke Wendlandt, Patrick Kemper, Paul Gans, Ross Denne, NorthBridge (St. Paul, Minnesota)
- Bruce Zeilinger, NXC Imaging (Minneapolis, Minnesota)
- Heather Manley, On-Demand Group (Minneapolis, Minnesota)
- Ryan Walther, PrankO, LLC (Minneapolis, Minnesota)
- Jeremy Segal, Proozy (Eagan, Minnesota)
- Shelly Ibach, Sleep Number Corporation (Minneapolis, Minnesota)
- Eric Newell, Stoneridge Software, LLC (Barnesville, Minnesota)
- Daniel Oskey and Jon Kreidler, Tattersall Distilling Company (Minneapolis, Minnesota)
- Thomas Cardella, Thomas L. Cardella and Associates (Cedar Rapids, Iowa)
- Matthew Bruckel, Total Access Urgent Care (Ballwin, Missouri)
- Eric Grilly, VStar Entertainment Group (Minneapolis, Minnesota)
- Jason Von Bank, Wellbeats (St. Louis Park, Minnesota)
- Benjamin VandenWymelenberg and John Guenveur, Woodchuck USA (Minneapolis, Minnesota)
Now in its 33rd year, the program has expanded to recognize business leaders in more than 145 cities and more than 60 countries throughout the world.
Regional award winners are eligible for consideration for the Entrepreneur Of The Year National Awards. Award winners in several national categories, as well as the Entrepreneur Of The Year National Overall Award winner, will be announced at the Entrepreneur Of The Year National Awards gala in Palm Springs, California, on November 16, 2019. The awards are the culminating event of the Strategic Growth Forum®, the nation’s most prestigious gathering of high-growth, market-leading companies. The Entrepreneur Of The Year National Overall Award winner then moves on to compete for the EY World Entrepreneur Of The Year™ Award in Monaco in June 2020.
Founded and produced by Ernst & Young LLP, the Entrepreneur Of The Year Awards are nationally sponsored by SAP America and the Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation.
Local sponsors for the Heartland program include Padilla, PNC, Salo, Schulze School of Entrepreneurship and Twin Cities Business.
About Entrepreneur Of The Year®
Entrepreneur Of The Year®, founded by EY, is the world’s most prestigious business awards program for entrepreneurs. The program makes a difference through the way it encourages entrepreneurial activity among those with potential and recognizes the contribution of people who inspire others with their vision, leadership and achievement. As the first and only truly global awards program of its kind, Entrepreneur Of The Year celebrates those who are building and leading successful, growing and dynamic businesses, recognizing them through regional, national and global awards programs in more than 145 cities and more than 60 countries. ey.com/eoy
About EY’s Growth Markets Network
EY’s worldwide Growth Markets Network is dedicated to serving the changing needs of high-growth companies. For more than 30 years, we’ve helped many of the world’s most dynamic and ambitious companies grow into market leaders. Whether working with international mid-cap companies or early stage, venture-backed businesses, our professionals draw upon their extensive experience, insight and global resources to help your business succeed. For more information, please visit us at ey.com/gm or follow news on Twitter @EY_Growth.
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In so doing, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
EY refers to the global organization, and may refer to one or more, of the member firms of Ernst & Young Global Limited, each of which is a separate legal entity. Ernst & Young Global Limited, a UK company limited by guarantee, does not provide services to clients. Information about how EY collects and uses personal data and a description of the rights individuals have under data protection legislation is available via ey.com/privacy. For more information about our organization, please visit ey.com.
This news release has been issued by Ernst & Young LLP, a member of the global EY organization that provides services to clients in the US.
For more information, please visit ey.com.