NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Luminary, a podcast technology and content company, today launched its free podcast app and premium subscription content network. Luminary Premium subscribers will have access to more than 40 podcasts from some of the most recognizable voices in podcasting, legendary entertainers, and diverse and emerging voices.
“We’re thrilled to introduce Luminary’s free podcast app and incredible premium content to podcast listeners,” said Matt Sacks, Co-founder and CEO. “We created Luminary to make it easier for podcast listeners to find great content and be the place where podcast creators can do their best work. The quality, breadth, and diversity of our content means you can always find something great to listen to on Luminary.”
Luminary’s free app has a simple user experience with smart discovery and personal curation. All app users will have access to hundreds of thousands of publicly available ad-supported podcasts, including shows from NPR, TED, WNYC, The New York Times, and many others.
“Luminary has made a major investment in technology to develop a free app that anyone can use to find and listen to the content they want to hear when they want to hear it, whether it’s a publicly available ad-supported show or a show on our premium network,” said Sacks.
Luminary will launch 25 of its more than 40 Luminary Premium shows starting April 23 and over the following week. The shows launching during the first week are:
- Adam Davidson’s Passion Economy
- Anthem: Homunculus from John Cameron Mitchell and Bryan Weller
- The Axe Files with David Axelrod
- Deep Background with Noah Feldman from Pushkin Industries
- Guys We F****d
- Handsome Rambler with Hannibal Buress
- History on Fire with Daniele Bolelli
- I AM RAPAPORT: STEREO PODCAST
- Karamo w/ Karamo Brown
- On Second Thought with Trevor Noah
- LGBTQ&A from The Advocate
- Love + Radio with Nick van der Kolk
- Note to Self hosted by Manoush Zomorodi from WNYC
- Now What? w/ Arian Foster
- Poetics hosted by Omari Hardwick
- Stoop Talks from Leila Day and Hana Baba
- The Ten from The Advocate
- The AM Archives from Lauren Shippen
- Players' Tribune: The Podcast
- The Rewatchables 1999 by Bill Simmons from The Ringer
- Roads and Kingdoms’ The Trip
- Under the Skin with Russell Brand
- Wisdom From the Top with Guy Raz
- Hollywood & Crime from Wondery
- Locked Up Abroad from Wondery
Additional shows will be released on Luminary Premium in the coming months, including these and many more:
- A Very Fatal Murder from The Onion
- The C-Word with Lena Dunham
- Celeste & Her Best with Celeste Barber
- Two new podcasts from Conan O’Brien’s Team Coco
- Hear to Slay with Roxane Gay and Tressie McMillan Cottom
- Hyper-Thetical with Kerry Bishé from FilmNation
- Fiasco from Leon Neyfakh, the co-creator of Slow Burn
- A new podcast from Jigsaw Productions, founder Alex Gibney
- Landmarks from Believe Entertainment
- Making a Killing with Bethany McLean from Pushkin Industries
- New podcast from the Players Tribune
- New podcast from Bill Simmons’ The Ringer
- Sincerely, X from TED
- Snap Judgment Presents: Spooked from WNYC
- Tabloid from New York Magazine
- Telephone Stories from Mosaic/Ninth Planet
- Up and Vanished Presents: Sworn
Luminary offers all listeners a one-month free trial of Luminary Premium, with a monthly subscription of $7.99 following the first month for U.S. subscribers. The free Luminary app is also available to download for listeners in Canada (CA$8.49/month), the U.K. (£6.99/month) and Australia (AU$7.99/month), also with a one-month free trial.
Podcast fans can listen on Luminary for free at luminarypodcasts.com or by downloading the free app on Apple and Android devices.
Luminary is a podcast technology and content company offering a free podcast app with simple user interface and smart content discovery, and a premium subscription network of top quality and premium podcasts available only on Luminary. Driven by the singular mission to improve the podcasting experience for both listeners and creators, Luminary is making it easier for podcast listeners to find great content and for podcast creators to do their best work. Luminary Premium will have more than 40 shows and more than 1,000 hours of premium originals available only on Luminary, featuring some of the most recognizable voices in podcasting, legendary entertainers, and diverse and emerging voices. The free Luminary app -- where listeners can listen to Luminary Premium shows and their favorites among hundreds of thousands of publicly available podcasts -- is available for free on iOS, Android, and web.
For more information, visit luminarypodcasts.com or follow @hearluminary.