WINNIPEG, Manitoba & AMES, Iowa--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Farmers Edge™ today released an app-based in-field intelligence tool that provides a seamless digital experience from the office to the cab. Digitally linking growers, dealers, retailers, trusted advisors, and other key stakeholders, the In-Cab Tool provides full visibility of every field activity while simplifying record-keeping, improving workflow, and reducing the risk of critical data losses. Integrated with existing exclusive features of the FarmCommand™ platform, including: on-farm weather conditions and forecasts, daily satellite imagery, predictive modeling, and automated crop health change detection, the In-Cab Tool provides an additional layer of fundamental decision-support enabling new levels of efficiency and profitability on the farm.
Building on recent strategic collaborations with leading agricultural companies, including CNHi, Global Ag Risk Solutions, PartnerRe, HBS, Raven, Lindsay Corporation, Richardson Pioneer, and NuFarm, Farmers Edge designed the In-Cab Tool to provide the highest level of compatibility and flexibility available. The tool features wireless, mixed-fleet connectivity with any modern machine and can be used to plan jobs, view live data streaming and mapping, adjust field operations, manage maintenance schedules, track supplies, and share information making it the most advanced mobile platform of its kind. Powered by the company’s newly enhanced, brand-agnostic telematics device - Gen. 2 CanPlug™ - all data is collected, transferred, and processed automatically, ensuring critical records are maintained for accurate reporting.
“The combination of live interactivity and automated reporting improves the ability for growers, retailers, and other stakeholders to identify and address factors that may be impacting a farm’s revenue or productivity, said Ron Osborne, Chief Strategy and Product Officer of Farmers Edge. “Whether it’s more intelligently dispatching sprayers, reducing operator idling, monitoring custom applications to ensure accuracy, or understanding which machine performs best for each job, the FarmCommand In-Cab Tool delivers unmatched transparency and flexibility to unlock the value of data.”
How it Works
The In-Cab Tool connects to the Farmers Edge Gen. 2 CanPlug via Bluetooth, and wirelessly streams real-time planting, spraying, harvest, fertilizer applications, and field maintenance job data along with equipment performance diagnostics to any tablet, computer, or mobile device. It syncs automatically to the cloud to keep all data in one place. With both a manager and an operator view, the tool enables greater control over field operations through remote monitoring, scheduling, and management.
Manager View—Farm managers using the tool can connect multiple machines within a field to one view, and easily toggle between all machines. A quick tap on any machine within a job displays the operator view for access to detailed job values. The tool provides a simple way to view all active jobs on the farm, access job information, keep organized records, and gain a true understanding of profits.
Operator View—Farm operators connect directly from a mobile device or tablet to a live equipment view. With one tap, they can adjust plans on the go, view live applications or yields, and easily share critical data with managers and trusted advisors.
Farmers Edge also revealed future In-Cab Tool enhancements, including:
- Real-Time Harvest Management— Further enhancing automated grain inventory management, an integrated scale will eliminate all manual harvest data entry ensuring records are accurate and kept up to date.
- Integrated Market Data—Stay informed on market activity throughout the day with insight into the most popular agricultural commodities, including corn, soybeans, canola, and wheat to help growers get the most value from their harvest.
- Real-Time Kinematics (RTK)—Dealers and farmers will benefit from CanPlug powered RTK. Farmers Edge is working with its partner and dealer networks of base stations to transmit signals that correct positioning errors caused by the Earth’s atmosphere.
- A/B Line Sharing—To deliver higher levels of real-time connectivity, this feature will enable sharing lines across multiple pieces of equipment and implements.
Exclusive Features at a Glance
Integrated with FarmCommand, the In-Cab Tool complements a suite of existing, unique digital decision support tools, including:
- Hyper-Local Weather Data—FarmCommand connects to on-farm weather stations to provide current conditions, forecasts, radar, and other field-centric weather data. This hyper-local information supports scheduling and feeds into predictive models to provide accurate nitrogen recommendations, pest and disease prediction, and crop growth staging.
- Real-Time Supply Management—Manage seed, chemical, and fertilizer right from the field to keep track of supplies and costs. Pre-set supplies for quick job set up or enter new ones on the go.
- Automated Grain Inventory Management—Listing crops, variety, and total weights by field, this tool provides a quick summary of harvest results for better record-keeping.
- Daily Imagery and Unique Map Layers—Access a collection of high-quality map layers to get a complete story of the fields. Monitor crop health progression and identify issues early with daily satellite imagery or view a series of equipment maps to verify applications and measure performance. Maps can be layered or compared side-by-side to review the season and discover new patterns.
- Automated Crop Health Detection—Crop Health Change Maps and Notifications automatically scan imagery and trigger alerts when a change in the field has occurred. This one-of-a-kind tool pinpoints potential problems including pests, disease, nutrient deficiencies, inclement weather, missed applications, equipment malfunction, drainage issues, and more, enhancing the value of daily imagery by helping growers prioritize scouting activities, identify problems more easily, and react to crop stress before yield is impacted. Integrated GPS makes it easy to navigate to areas of the field that are showing variability or issues to record observations, capture images, and share information.
To learn more about the FarmCommand In-Cab Tool, please visit: https://www.FarmersEdge.ca/InCabTool
About Farmers Edge
Farmers Edge is a global leader in decision agriculture servicing over 24 million paid product acres worldwide with precision digital solutions. Integrating field-centric data, easy-to-use software, state-of-the-art processing technology, predictive modeling, and advanced agronomic analytics, Farmers Edge provides growers with scalable solutions to produce more with less. Using innovative digital agronomic tools, Farmers Edge solutions focus on the sustainable production of high-yielding, high-quality crops and are designed to optimize inputs, minimize environmental impact, and protect the economic viability of the farm. From seed selection to yield data analytics, Farmers Edge transforms big data into timely and accurate insights to support informed decision making. For more information about Farmers Edge, visit FarmersEdge.ca or FarmersEdgeUSA.com.