BOSTON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Zerto, an industry leader for IT resilience, today announced the general availability of Zerto 7.0, adding new capabilities to its IT Resilience Platform™ that revolutionize the way backup is done. Designed for an era of application complexity and cloud adoption, where legacy backup doesn’t meet the needs of today’s businesses, Zerto 7.0 replaces periodic backup with continuous data protection combined with powerful journaling technology for both short-term and long-term data retention. This release converges disaster recovery, backup and cloud mobility into a single platform that allows organizations to combine historically siloed processes to drive efficiencies, performance and proactive IT transformation.
“When we previewed Zerto 7.0 at ZertoCON 2018, we were delighted by the enthusiasm of our customers and are very grateful for the support we’ve had in bringing this ground-breaking solution to market,” commented Ziv Kedem, CEO and co-founder, Zerto. “Although it has evolved, backup technology hasn’t gone through any fundamental changes since it became a key part of IT infrastructure. With this launch we intend to disrupt the dormant backup market and address today’s digital business requirements. Organizations require their backup and DR providers to innovate ahead of need – playing catch-up is not in anyone’s interest. Our focus on continuous resilience mitigates the risk of disruption shared by every connected business today.”
Zerto 7.0 offers a range of new, innovative features and capabilities to reinvent disaster recovery and backup, including:
- A unique Elastic Journal that combines the granular journal technology with long-term repositories, providing a continuous stream of recovery points with intelligent index and search – for recovery across data, files or VMs from any point in time
- Data protection workflows that automate recovery from numerous points in time, across multiple VMs, ensuring application consistency across short- and long-term data retention
- Built-in support for Purpose Built Backup Appliance (PBBA) such as Exagrid, with new on-premises support for NFS and SMB targets
- Retention policy settings for daily, weekly, monthly and annual cycles to copy the recovery data to cost-efficient LTR repositories
- Scale-out architecture designed to further accelerate the application recovery process for Microsoft Azure
- Automatic encryption at rest upon the recovery of EC2 instances when protecting workloads on Amazon EC2
- Robust resource planning and ‘what-if’ scenario modeling within Zerto Analytics which continuously monitors and analyses compute, storage and network resources across on-premises environments and public, private and hybrid clouds
The traditional backup products and tools that are still being used do not meet the speed, performance, availability or data retention expectations dictated by businesses today. Zerto’s vision for backup is realized by the launch of Zerto 7.0 to overcome the failings of legacy technology. Delivered via the Zerto IT Resilience Platform, users benefit from continuous data protection and unique journaling technology, redefining the way they protect and recover data and applications in the ‘always-on’ economy.
“The ability to manage our DR and backup through a single platform with Zerto 7.0 will be a game-changer for us,” said Michael Sallie, Senior Systems Engineer, Yanfeng Automotive Interiors. “DR and backup are both time-intensive and redundant tasks for our IT team. With the convergence of the two, we’ll see much less of our team’s time spent managing them separately, freeing them up to work on other important IT needs. We also anticipate significant efficiency increases through the ability to replicate once for both DR and backup, not only saving time but saving costs.”
“We know how closely Zerto listens to partners and customers alike – it’s an approach that ensures together we can provide the right solutions to customers at the right time. Working together, Zerto now seamlessly supports ExaGrid as a PBBA which enhances the backup capabilities we can provide to our customers,” commented Bill Andrews, CEO and President of ExaGrid. “The time is right for this technology – businesses are demanding new levels of resilience from their data protection and backup solutions, and Zerto 7 delivers the capabilities and performance they are looking for in an era of ever-increasing emphasis around always on business and digital transformation.”
Zerto helps customers accelerate IT transformation by reducing the risk and complexity of modernization and cloud adoption. By replacing multiple legacy solutions with a single IT Resilience Platform, Zerto is changing the way disaster recovery, data protection and cloud are managed. With enterprise scale, Zerto’s software platform delivers continuous availability for an always-on customer experience while simplifying workload mobility to protect, recover and move applications freely across hybrid and multi-clouds. Zerto is trusted globally by over 7,000 customers, works with more than 1,100 partners and is powering resiliency offerings for 350 cloud services providers.