SAN JOSE, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--WiSA® LLC, the Wireless Speaker and Audio Association comprised of leading consumer electronics brands founded by Summit Wireless Technologies (NASDAQ: WISA), today announces unprecedented first quarter and year-over-year membership growth.
After adding 16 member brands in 2018, WiSA has seen its member roster skyrocket in the first quarter. Since January 1, the Association has added 18 new member brands, which include some of the fastest-growing brands in the world as well as global leaders in the home entertainment marketplace. As a result, the Association has grown by 38 percent following CES 2019, and 83 percent overall since this time last year.
“It’s thrilling to see WiSA and its members move the needle while at the forefront of a global movement in support of wireless multichannel audio,” said Tony Ostrom president of WiSA. “Our rapidly growing ecosystem is now packed with companies that represent the best in audio, electronics and manufacturing, which will enable our customers to bring millions of WiSA Ready* platforms to market in 2019.”
Continuing its momentum, the Association is also announcing the addition of four new members who will help further the adoption and availability of the easiest immersive home entertainment experience for consumers around the globe. These companies join the ever-expanding WiSA network that already includes LG Electronics, Xbox, Klipsch®, Harman International and TCL Technology, among others.
- THX Ltd. and its partners provide premium entertainment experiences in the cinema, in the home and on the go. Over the past thirty-five years, THX has expanded its certification categories beyond studios and cinemas to consumer electronics, content and automotive systems. Today, THX continues to redefine entertainment, providing exciting new technologies and assurance of experiences with superior quality and high performance.
- Savant was founded with the goal of providing the best experience in home automation by creating inventive products that are easy to use and future-friendly. As the first home automation company to embrace mobile technology, Savant has become the home automation brand of choice for the most luxurious homes, castles and yachts in the world.
- International Audio Group (IAG) is the world's premier manufacturer of hi-fi and pro audio speakers, amplifiers and PA systems. Over the years, IAG has acquired some of the most respected industry brands, adding Wharfedale, Quad, Audiolab and more to its internationally-recognized portfolio.
- Fengmi is a Xiaomi and Appotronics joint venture devoted to the development and manufacturing of smart home projectors and laser TVs. Its products combine artistically immersive cinema-quality laser display with AI-assisted living room entertainment that offers an experience larger than life.
WiSA’s recent growth is heavily fueled by the Association’s WiSA Ready platform, which clearly identifies entertainment sources – such as LG TVs, Xboxes, and Windows 10 Gaming PCs – that are equipped to deliver up to eight channels of high-definition wireless audio to WiSA Certified speakers when connected with a WiSA USB transmitter. This new program simplifies consumer set-up and reduces costs by replacing AV receivers with a low-cost USB accessory.
The WiSA Ready platform made international headlines when the Association announced its global collaboration with LG Electronics at CES 2019. LG’s 2019 lines of OLED and flagship UHD LCD TVs are WiSA Ready and compatible with WiSA USB Transmitters as well as a range of intelligent, WiSA Certified speakers that together deliver unprecedented wireless sound for the home entertainment experience.
For more information about the WiSA Association, its technology and products, please visit www.wisaassociation.org.
About WiSA, LLC
WiSA, the (Wireless Speaker and Audio) Association is a consumer electronics consortium dedicated to creating interoperability standards utilized by leading brands and manufacturers to deliver immersive sound via intelligent devices. WiSA Certified components from any member brand can be combined to dramatically increase the enjoyment of movies and video, music, sports, gaming/esports, and more. WiSA also ensures robust, high definition, multi-channel, low latency audio while eliminating the complicated set-up of traditional audio systems. For more information about WiSA, please visit: www.wisaassociation.org.
About Summit Wireless Technologies, Inc.
Summit Wireless Technologies, Inc. (NASDAQ: WISA) is a leading provider of immersive, wireless sound technology for intelligent devices and next generation home entertainment systems. Working with leading CE brands and manufacturers such as Harman International, a division of Samsung, LG Electronics, Klipsch, Bang & Olufsen, Xbox, a subsidiary of Microsoft, and others, Summit Wireless delivers seamless, dynamic audio experiences for high-definition content, including movies and video, music, sports, gaming/esports, and more. Summit Wireless is a founding member of WiSA, the Wireless Speaker and Audio Association and works in joint partnership to champion the most reliable interoperability standards across the audio industry. Summit Wireless, formerly named Summit Semiconductor, Inc., is headquartered in San Jose, CA with sales teams in Taiwan, China, Japan, and Korea. For more information, please visit: www.summitwireless.com.
* WiSA Ready TVs, gaming PCs and console systems are "ready" to transmit audio to WiSA Certified speakers when a WiSA USB Transmitter is plugged in and a user interface is activated through an APP or product design like LG TVs.
© 2019 Summit Wireless Technologies, Inc. All rights reserved. Summit Wireless Technologies and the Summit Wireless logo are trademarks of Summit Wireless Technologies, Inc. The WiSA logo, WiSA, WiSA Ready, and WiSA Certified are trademarks, or certification marks of WiSA LLC. Third-party trade names, trademarks and product names are the intellectual property of their respective owners.