ORLANDO, Fla.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Enterprise Connect – Avaya Holdings Corp. (NYSE: AVYA), a global leader in solutions to enhance and simplify communications and collaboration, today announced further integration with Google Cloud Contact Center AI to provide better experiences for customers and a more efficient workforce, taking full advantage of the powerful artificial intelligence capabilities of both companies.
Recognized as a Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Contact Center1, Avaya extends its leadership in leveraging AI to improve customer experience with more personalized, intelligent and insightful interactions. This includes embedding Google’s machine learning within Avaya conversation services powering the contact center, enabling easy integration of AI capabilities regardless of channel, promoting a consistent and intelligent experience for customers and delivering true omnichannel experiences with AI. Together, Avaya and Google Cloud are providing customers with increased flexibility, efficiency and scalability in deploying powerful and simple communication and collaboration solutions that improve the customer journey. Avaya IX Contact Center is an AI-enhanced, omnichannel solution including voice, email, chat and mobile communications to make customer engagement a competitive advantage that drives growth and brand preference.
Avaya and Google are innovating in a number of key areas, including:
- Virtual Agents – Human-like automated Bots which seamlessly interact with customers, offloading the live agents’ utilization until the optimal time and then transferring all context gathered to the agent. Now customers can decide when and how to engage bots throughout the interaction. And the Avaya platform captures the intent, actions and ultimate disposition of each interaction in real-time. Through this rich data, Avaya AI can be applied to decide the next best action in future customer engagement.
- Agent Assist – Provides superior customer experience by continuously delivering contextually relevant knowledge base to agents based on real time conversational analysis–for BOTH voice and text-based interactions. Avaya AI algorithms can be applied to Google Contact Center AI to determine the next best action by the agent, delivering the right information and reducing customer friction – while increasing agent satisfaction and contact center efficiency.
- Conversational Topic Modeling – An unsupervised learning tool designed to uncover key topic areas that customers have been contacting the contact center about, and abstracting relevant information relating to how topics are articulated. Google Topic Modeling combined with Avaya AI enables agents to leverage real-time visibility of topics with each conversation turn. Through this valuable insight, recommended responses and best actions can be uniquely tailored to each part of the conversation to drive desired outcomes.
Avaya is enhancing the customer experience by strengthening these areas through integration of Google Cloud APIs with key elements of Avaya’s contact center infrastructure. Additionally, Avaya’s browser-based desktop is designed to easily connect with applications and Google Contact Center AI is seamlessly incorporated in the agent user experience.
“Partnering with Avaya helps us deliver on our goal to make the contact center experience easier and more efficient,” said Rajen Sheth, Director of Product Management at Google Cloud. “We’re excited to work with Avaya so enterprises can keep customers happy with faster call resolution, and we look forward to building on this partnership as technology and customer’s expectations evolve.”
Avaya and Google’s unique collaboration offers a differentiated contact center solution with a simpler, but more efficient and architecturally superior approach via native gRPC integration for voice. This will enable Avaya IX Contact Center customers to easily integrate AI providers like Google Cloud and infuse AI capabilities regardless of channel, for consistent omnichannel experiences. Avaya IX Contact Center solutions are capable of maintaining an awareness of all events, including the sentiment, suggestions and resolution, creating a data lake source for future machine learning processing that generates increasingly impactful results.
“We continue to expand our AI-enabled solutions as well as our cloud offerings for customers ranging from small-medium business to the largest global enterprises, and further collaboration with Google is providing additional capabilities to augment the innovation,” said Chris McGugan, Avaya Senior Vice President, Solutions & Technology. “By bringing these innovations to market for Avaya customers and partners, we enable them to make every customer interaction more meaningful and insightful, and more productive for their businesses.”
Avaya pioneered the integration of AI capabilities into contact center communications solutions, and has led development and investment in a number of key areas:
- Effortless Self-Service: With the power of AI, you can deliver great self-service experiences getting your customer the right information at the right time.
- Agent Assistance and Productivity: Empower agents with AI-driven guidance, that includes relevant content, suggested next-actions, and real-time coaching to stay ahead of the customer engagement.
- Smart Matching: Leverage advanced machine learning models to pair the best agent with each customer interaction.
- Smart Interactions: With powerful AI technologies, you can create smart, conversational interactions that yield improved business results.
- Empowered Agents: Agents are empowered by AI-driven guidance for content and suggested actions. Summarization tools help agents expedite after-call processes.
- Simplified Operations: Reduce complexity for customers and agents alike by using AI models to select a self-service experience, automate a process, or pair with the best possible agent
The company will showcase these solutions, and more, at the Avaya booth #1519, Hall D at Enterprise Connect, March 18–21, in Orlando, FL.
Businesses are built on the experiences they provide, and every day millions of those experiences are built by Avaya (NYSE:AVYA). For over one hundred years, we’ve enabled organizations around the globe to win – by creating intelligent communications experiences for customers and employees. Avaya builds open, converged and innovative solutions to enhance and simplify communications and collaboration – in the cloud, on-premise or a hybrid of both. To grow your business, we’re committed to innovation, partnership, and a relentless focus on what’s next. We’re the technology company you trust to help you deliver Experiences that Matter. Visit us at www.avaya.com.
Cautionary Note Regarding Forward-Looking Statements
This document contains certain “forward-looking statements.” All statements other than statements of historical fact are “forward-looking” statements for purposes of the U.S. federal and state securities laws. These statements may be identified by the use of forward looking terminology such as "anticipate," "believe," "continue," "could," "estimate," "expect," "intend," "may," "might," “our vision,” "plan," "potential," "preliminary," "predict," "should," "will," or “would” or the negative thereof or other variations thereof or comparable terminology and include, but are not limited to, expected cash savings and statements about growth, exchange listing and improved operational metrics. The Company has based these forward-looking statements on its current expectations, assumptions, estimates and projections. While the Company believes these expectations, assumptions, estimates and projections are reasonable, such forward-looking statements are only predictions and involve known and unknown risks and uncertainties, many of which are beyond its control. The factors are discussed in the Company’s Registration Statement on Form 10 filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission, may cause its actual results, performance or achievements to differ materially from any future results, performance or achievements expressed or implied by these forward-looking statements. For a further list and description of such risks and uncertainties, please refer to the Company’s filings with the SEC that are available at www.sec.gov. The Company cautions you that the list of important factors included in the Company’s SEC filings may not contain all of the material factors that are important to you. In addition, considering these risks and uncertainties, the matters referred to in the forward-looking statements contained in this report may not in fact occur. The Company undertakes no obligation to publicly update or revise any forward-looking statement as a result of new information, future events or otherwise, except as otherwise required by law.
Source: Avaya Newsroom