SAN FRANCISCO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Most organizations conduct annual risk assessments, identify gaps, and receive recommendations for how to remediate those gaps. But many lack the resources to follow through on planning and operationalization. Based on strategies developed or assessments performed, many organizations know what to do but often not how to do it. Optiv Security, the world’s leading security solutions integrator, today announced its new Risk Transformation ServiceTM, an end-to-end solution that includes strategy execution.
Designed to enable clients around the world to better evaluate current risk against acceptable risk, Optiv’s Risk Transformation ServiceTM helps clients develop strategies that drive cohesive cybersecurity programs, execute on those strategies to mitigate enterprise risk, and achieve measurable outcomes. The service puts business strategy and risk at the heart of cyber decision-making with two distinct options:
- The Enterprise Risk Transformation ServiceTM helps organizations execute on risk transformation based on business objectives, results of an existing strategy or assessment, and a list of desired improvements or future mode of operation. This service includes program management, quality assurance and oversight over all or parts of a transformation or remediation initiative.
- The Quickstart Risk Transformation ServiceTM enables mid-sized organizations to get started with a risk-centric model for cybersecurity and aids them in the first steps of execution of their transformation roadmap. Optiv helps these clients set and execute a strategy, engaging with them from start to finish.
“Organizations today are adopting new risk and compliance principles to achieve business resilience,” said Dustin Owens, Optiv’s vice president, risk advisory. “As IT risk management evolves to more holistic operational risk management, it is being integrated into the fabric of organizations. This means that security teams are now a critical component to the overall business risk strategy.”
Owens continued, “As a result, adaptive, risk-based decision-making is becoming core to business agility and resilience, taking over from the antiquated check-the-box, compliance-based approach of the past. It’s high time for companies to embrace the risk revolution. They need to take a stance against the outside-in approach – which is predicated on continuously responding to legislative and regulatory requirements, specific threats, and other outside factors – and rewrite how they manage cybersecurity by proactively addressing all aspects of cybersecurity risk, including privacy and governance, cyber resilience, and risk optimization.”
Optiv’s new Risk Transformation ServiceTM is part of the company’s complete continuum of fully integrated cybersecurity risk services, which are focused on resolving three prevalent business issues:
- The need for risk governance – Optiv helps clients understand where critical assets are located, why they are important, how they are protected and who has access; and as these variables change, how their risk profile changes. This enables organizations to make security decisions based on risk so they can move faster, safely.
- Volume and velocity of change – Optiv allows clients to embrace the fast pace of digital transformation initiatives and deal with constant operational chaos simultaneously by helping them execute adaptive cyber resilience capabilities.
- Articulating security health to the business and board – Optiv provides security teams with everything they need to articulate risk and security performance in business terms by enabling them to effectively measure, monitor and report on security posture and align security to business objectives. This allows security teams to influence better decision-making and improve overall business health.
About Optiv Security
Optiv helps clients plan, build and run successful cybersecurity programs that achieve business objectives through our depth and breadth of cybersecurity offerings, extensive capabilities and proven expertise in cybersecurity, integration and cyber operational services. Optiv maintains premium partnerships with more than 350 of the leading cybersecurity technology manufacturers. For more information, visit www.optiv.com.