This two-day seminar will get into the fine details of what we need to do and how to do it.
We will go point by point through the entire HIPAA Security Rule and uncover simple methods to comply and create policy.
The primary goal is to ensure everyone is well educated on what is myth and what is reality with this law, there is so much misleading information all over regarding the do's and don'ts with HIPAA - I want to add clarity for compliance officers
It will also address major changes under the Omnibus Rule and any other applicable updates for 2018.
Why You Should Attend
- Join me in this two day seminar to explore what's new with HIPAA both from a regulation standpoint (new requirements) and an enforcement standpoint
- Omnibus has changed the HIPAA landscape for good!
- Do you know all of the requirements of this enigmatic law?
- Are you abiding by them?
- My goal is to make this extremely complex enigma known as "HIPAA" very easy to understand with a painless step by step approach to an otherwise harrowing task... Times have changed and new laws are now in place concerning protected health information. The best way to protect your practice or business and save yourself future headaches and possible litigation or Federal fines is to be proactive instead of reactive
- This once rarely enforced law has changed and you need to know what's going on!
- Protect your practice or business!
- These day's trial attorney's pose an even higher risk than the Federal government!
- State laws are now in place increasing liability for patient remedies!
- What factors might spurn a lawsuit or a HIPAA audit? ...are you doing these things?
- We will be discussing 2019 changes taking place in Washington with the Health and Human Services regarding the enforcement of the HIPAA laws already on the books as well as some detailed discussions on the audit process and some current events regarding HIPAA cases (both in courtrooms and from live audits)
Areas Covered in the Session
- Study all 18 Standards and 44 Implementation Specifications of the regulations
- Updates for 2019
- Requirements of Compliance Officers
- New definition of what constitutes protected health information
- Real life litigated cases
- Portable devices
- Business associates and the increased burden
- Emailing of PHI
- Texting of PHI
- Federal Audit Process
- HIPAA and suing - how this works
- Risk Assessment
- Best resources
For more information about this conference visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/pqzmfl/2day_seminar?w=4