CINCINNATI--(BUSINESS WIRE)--This winter, Puffs Plus Lotion, the ultimate runny and sore, red nose soother is teaming up with parent, blogger, and TV personality, Ali Fedotowsky-Manno to spotlight the silver lining comforts of being sick so you can get well sooner. Typically, when one person catches a cold, the rest of the family is soon to follow. While no one enjoys being sick, the things that comfort us most can certainly lift our spirits, such as cozy pajamas, movies in bed and chicken soup.
“Catching a cold is inevitable in my home this time of year, especially with two little ones – so when it comes to stocking up on must-have items to get through it, Puff Plus Lotion is at the top of the list,” says Ali. “I’m so thrilled to partner with Puffs to help families find the small comforts of being sick so they can feel better fast.”
Although there’s not one fool-proof way to tackle a cold, there are a few things that Ali does to help her and her family ease the blow of cold and flu season:
- Try to keep your mind off being sick! It may seem impossible, but playing family board games, cards, putting together a puzzle or even watching your favorite movie or listening to upbeat, happy tunes can help take away from the discomfort of being sick.
- Make bath time fun! When Molly is sick we put extra toys in her tub so she stays in longer. The heat from the warm water helps break up her congestion and wash away the germs!
- Take care of your sniffer! There’s going to be a lot of runny and congested noses around the house, so I like having a soft, soothing tissue nearby like Puffs Plus Lotion to help avoid getting a sore nose. They’re dermatologist tested to be gentle on skin, which is perfect for Molly and Riley, and its touch of lotion helps comfort an irritated, red nose better than ordinary tissues can.
- There’s nothing like some sweets to cheer up my family on a sick day. We let Molly decide what to bake and then spend hours in the kitchen making ALL the cookies and cakes. We have so much fun that we almost forget that we were feeling under the weather.
- Have a hot, soothing drink before bed to put your body in sleep mode. There’s nothing more comforting than cozying up with the kids with a nice cup of warm milk before we call it a night.
- Fluids are so important when sick, but Molly will only drink so much water. We don’t like to give her straight juice, so we mix about 1 part orange juice per 4 parts water. She will drink it right up and stay hydrated!
During the colder months, adults typically experience an average of two to three colds, and children even more*. You can help prevent future colds by washing your hands often with soap and water, not touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands, and, of course, avoid getting too close to people who are sick.
Puffs Plus Lotion is available in cube, rectangular and to-go formats online and at local retailers nationwide. To learn more about how Puffs can keep you and your nose comfortable this winter, visit www.facebook.com/puffs or visit Puffs.com.
*according to a survey conducted by NAPS NET
About Procter & Gamble
P&G serves consumers around the world with one of the strongest portfolios of trusted, quality, leadership brands, including Always®, Ambi Pur®, Ariel®, Bounty®, Charmin®, Crest®, Dawn®, Downy®, Fairy®, Febreze®, Gain®, Gillette®, Head & Shoulders®, Lenor®, Olay®, Oral-B®, Pampers®, Pantene®, SK-II®, Tide®, Vicks®, and Whisper®. The P&G community includes operations in approximately 70 countries worldwide. Please visit http://www.pg.com for the latest news and information about P&G and its brands.