CHICAGO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Moderne Ventures, a venture investment fund, announced today the eight new companies accepted into its 2019 Moderne Passport Program, an intensive 7-month industry immersion program where companies receive strategic guidance, participate in over 100 one-on-one mentor meetings with senior executive leaders and administer pilots with corporations in the Moderne Network.
The 2019 Passport Class companies are marketplaces, services and solutions using technologies, like blockchain and artificial intelligence, to help progress 100+ year old industries. This class has collectively raised over $150M in funding with collective valuations north of $700M. The new companies are:
- ByteGain (bytegain.com)—Los Altos, CA: Artificial Intelligence platform that increases lead quantity, quality and performance
- Eusoh (eusoh.com)—Los Angeles, CA: Spread the Love - the only community-based care plan for insuring pets
- Payfully (payfully.co)—New York, NY: Get commissions paid while in contract
- Porch (porch.com)—Seattle, WA: Porch gets the Job Done: home service and maintenance for residential homes and buildings
- Sagegreenlife (sagegreenlife.com)—Chicago, IL: Green living walls for greater spaces, places and life
- Snappt (snappt.com)—Los Angeles, CA: Instant identity and financial verification to prevent fraud
- StreetWire (streetwire.net)—New York, NY: A data network for faster transactions and operational efficiency
- WattBuy (wattbuy.com)—Washington, DC: We empower residents to find the best rates and take charge of their electricity
“With every Passport class, we bring in the most innovative solutions addressing our industries. We help companies understand complexities, optimize their products and services and connect partners that can benefit most from them,” said Constance Freedman, Moderne Ventures founder and managing partner. “This is one of the most interesting classes we have had yet, and we are excited to help them make an impact.”
About Moderne Ventures
Moderne Ventures invests in technology companies in and around real estate, finance, insurance. Moderne operates both a Venture Fund and the Moderne Passport, an Industry Immersion Program designed to foster innovation, partnership and growth between industry partners and new emerging technology companies. Moderne works with over 700 executives and corporations within its core industries and evaluates over 4,500 emerging tech companies each year. Its principals have invested in over 80 companies including DocuSign, Updater, August, Better, Hello Alfred, TaskEasy, Homesnap and Leaselock.