At Tailored Brands, we know that we have a responsibility to serve a greater purpose, and we are committed to operating sustainably and being good stewards of the environment. Our sustainability program is intended to support the purpose, mission, and priorities of the Company and to contribute to our long-term success and growth. In our second annual Sustainability Report you can read about what we are doing to provide good jobs, improve factory working conditions, give back to our communities and lessen our impact on the planet.
Executive Chairman Dinesh Lathi said, “At Tailored Brands, we believe in giving back to the communities we serve and the people who support us. We want to make a positive contribution to society and always look for ways we can do better for our customers, employees, shareholders, business partners and the communities in which we operate. Providing an inclusive workspace where everyone is treated with respect, nurturing the communities in which we operate and being good citizens of our planet have been core principles since the inception of our business. This is central to who we are as a company.”
Highlights from the 2018 report include:
- Recipient of the 2018 Circle of Excellence Award by the Distribution Business Management Association in recognition of our sustainable supply chain management, commitment to social responsibility and environmental stewardship
- National Breast Cancer Foundation Gold Award recipient recognizing our brands as gold level sponsors for their donations
- Collection of over 400,000 articles of gently used professional attire through annual suit drive plus the Company gave an additional $30.3 million aggregate retail value in merchandise donations
- $1.0 million aggregate donations in 2017 and 2018 by our brands to the National Breast Cancer Foundation, Canadian Cancer Society and Movember for men’s and women’s health initiatives
- $1.25 million given to date to help U.S. and Canadian veterans through the sale of the AWEARNESS Kenneth Cole collection at Men’s Wearhouse and Moores
- Response to 2017 and 2018 hurricanes and wildfires included rapid deployment of truckloads of product to non-profit partners, donations collected at all Men’s Wearhouse, Jos. A. Bank and K&G locations across the U.S, a partnership with the American Red Cross and hundreds of thousands of dollars in assistance grants to our employees through the Willie Lopez Emergency Assistance Fund (our employee funded nonprofit dedicated to supporting our employees experiencing financial emergencies caused by unforeseen and catastrophic situations)
In addition, the 2018 report details the Company’s sustainability strategy and governance, employee benefits and employee training and development programs, diversity & inclusion commitment, efforts to improve factory working conditions, dedication to cybersecurity and privacy, community giving and volunteerism, and energy conservation, waste diversion, reduction of use of fossil fuels and other green practices.
About Tailored Brands, Inc.
As the leading specialty retailer of men’s suits and largest men’s formalwear provider in the U.S. and Canada, Tailored Brands helps men love the way they look for work and special occasions. We serve our customers through an expansive omni-channel network that includes over 1,400 stores in the U.S. and Canada as well as our branded e-commerce websites. Our brands include Men's Wearhouse, Jos. A. Bank, Joseph Abboud, Moores Clothing for Men and K&G. We also operate an international corporate apparel and workwear group consisting of Dimensions, Alexandra and Yaffy in the United Kingdom and Twin Hill in the United States.
For additional information on Tailored Brands, please visit the Company’s websites at www.tailoredbrands.com, www.menswearhouse.com, www.josbank.com, www.josephabboud.com, www.mooresclothing.com, www.kgstores.com, www.dimensions.co.uk, www.alexandra.co.uk and www.twinhill.com.