SANTA CLARA, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--McAfee, the device to cloud cybersecurity company, today announced the McAfee MVISION Portfolio Family of security technologies and McAfee® ePolicy Orchestrator® (ePO™) on Amazon Web Services (AWS) has been added to the Department of Homeland Security’s (DHS) approved product list (APL) under the Continuous Diagnostics and Mitigation (CDM) Program. This addition is timely, as government agencies continue to invest in tools and technology that will support their mission to secure enterprise networks and defend their endpoints, mobile devices, cloud services and sensitive data entrusted to their care.
"McAfee has been committed to the CDM program since its inception, and offering agencies our highly-rated McAfee MVISION portfolio is an important milestone,” said Kenneth Kartsen, McAfee vice president of public sector. “We urge our federal customers to utilize the MVISION portfolio to feel empowered against an expanding threatscape.”
The McAfee MVISION portfolio provides agencies with comprehensive and integrated device-to-cloud data protection and threat prevention capabilities that give customers a simpler and faster approach to mitigating their risk of data loss. The technology introduces new approaches for protecting agency devices and securing high-value assets all while maintaining a single-pane of glass to ease administrator burden and reduce operational overhead.
The McAfee MVISION products included in the DHS APL under the CDM Program include:
- McAfee MVISION Cloud: takes the former McAfee Skyhigh Security Cloud product and introduces new integrations within the broader McAfee suite, including McAfee Web Gateway and McAfee Data Loss Prevention across device and cloud environments, including Software-as-a-Service applications and Infrastructure- and Platform-as-a-Service platforms. The solution enables enterprises to adopt cloud services while securing both sanctioned and unsanctioned cloud services, protect sensitive data across the cloud and stop the most advanced threats.
- McAfee MVISION Endpoint: manages and extends the native security built into Windows 10 to deliver a broader collective defense with less effort than other approaches in market today. Utilizing a lightweight agent, McAfee MVISION Endpoint complements the Windows 10 built-in security with specifically tuned signatureless advanced threat protections. This cooperative approach is managed through McAfee MVISION ePO and existing ePO on premise deployments to defend against both sophisticated fileless and file-based attacks without the complexity of multiple management systems.
- McAfee MVISION Mobile: provides visibility and threat defense for iOS and Android devices to ensure they are safeguarded just like any other device. McAfee MVISION Mobile provides always-on protection no matter how a device is connected. By analyzing deviations to device behavior, the solution makes determinations about indicators of compromise to accurately identify advanced device, application, and network-based attacks. Visibility and control of mobile assets are unified through McAfee MVISION ePO and existing ePO on premise deployments to provide a single console to manage security across devices.
In addition, the marketing leading McAfee ePO Platform has been extended to be offered on AWS in both AWS commercial regions and AWS GovCloud (United States). With deployment in less than an hour, this AWS deployment option provides federal customers more time to focus on security concerns by eliminating the typical hardware, networking and database maintenance tasks associated with private, server-based solutions. With infrastructure as a service, customers will experience the benefits of a shared responsibility model with AWS and still have complete control over the data and deployment configurations.
McAfee continues to work closely with DHS and Federal Government agencies to provide solutions that support their continuous monitoring needs as well as those that address the CDM capability areas as outlined by DHS, while also looking to meet the reporting requirements.
- McAfee MVISION Cloud
- McAfee MVISION Endpoint
- McAfee MVISION Mobile
- McAfee ePO
- New Ebook: How FedRAMP and CASBs Help Agencies Comply with FITARA
- McAfee MVISION Cloud for Government: Solution Brief
McAfee is the device-to-cloud cybersecurity company. Inspired by the power of working together, McAfee creates business and consumer solutions that make our world a safer place. www.mcafee.com
McAfee technologies’ features and benefits depend on system configuration and may require enabled hardware, software, or service activation. No computer system can be absolutely secure. McAfee® and the McAfee logo are trademarks of McAfee, LLC or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries. Other marks and brands may be claimed as the property of others.