DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Global 3D Printing in Healthcare Market (2018-2023)" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The 3D printing in healthcare is expected to reach a value of USD 1.97 Bn by 2023, expanding at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 21.8% during 2018-2023.
The increasing willingness of the people to customise their body parts, reduction in treatment and recovery time, and lower product prices compared to the ones manufactured using traditional methods, are giving an impetus to the 3D printing in healthcare market.
Unavailability of organs for transplants and lack of deceased organ donors or medical purposes results in people choosing the latest remedial measures, which in turn drives the market.
A significant risk to the 3D printing in the healthcare market is the speed at which the tissues are built, since manufacturing these tissues takes a considerable amount of time. The maintenance of the cells for lengthy periods becomes a major challenge for large constructs.
Tissue vascularization is another factor which is acting as a threat to the further development of 3D printing in healthcare. The complexity of vasculatures across organs is proving to be difficult to replicate using 3D bioprinting.
North America has the most significant share of the 3D printing in healthcare market, while Asia-Pacific is expected to witness the highest CAGR.
The major players in the market are Stratasys Ltd., 3D Systems, Organovo, Cellink, Renishaw, Formlabs, Prodways, Materialise, EnvisionTEC, and Aspect Biosystems.
- The market can be classified into three primary segments based on technology, material, and type.
- Based on region, the market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Latin America, and the Middle East and Africa.
- Based on technology, the market can be segmented into laser beam melting (LBM), electron beam melting (EBM), photopolymerization, droplet deposition, laminated object manufacturing, and others.
- Based on material, the sub-segments are plastic, metal, ceramic and others.
- Based on type, the sub-segments include prosthetics, implants, surgical guides, hearing aid and others.
- The latest trend indicates extensive research to make 3D printed products commercially available.
Key Topics Covered
Chapter 1: Executive Summary
Chapter 2: Global 3D Printing in Healthcare Market - Market Overview
Chapter 3: North America 3D Printing in Healthcare Market- Market Overview
Chapter 4: Europe 3D Printing in Healthcare Market - Market Overview
Chapter 5: Asia-Pacific 3D Printing in Healthcare Market - Market Overview
Chapter 6: Latin America 3D Printing in Healthcare Market - Market Overview
Chapter 7: The Middle East & Africa 3D Printing in Healthcare Market - Market Overview
Chapter 8: Competitive Landscape
Chapter 9: Conclusion
1. Stratasys Ltd.
2. 3D Systems
10. Aspect Biosystems
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/mqjlss/3d_printing_in?w=4