NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Barclays today announces the appointment of Alex Shterenberg as Global Head of G10 and EM eFX Trading, based in New York. Mr. Shterenberg will be responsible for leading Barclays’ electronic FX trading business globally.
Mr. Shterenberg joins Barclays with almost 20 years of industry experience. Most recently he served as Global Head of FX Algorithmic Execution and Head of eFX Trading for the Americas at Bank of America Merrill Lynch where he led the development of pricing and hedging models as well as FX algorithmic products.
Prior to Bank of America Merrill Lynch, Mr. Shterenberg was Global Head of FX Execution Services at JP Morgan, responsible for designing and implementing new algorithms, models, and tools. Before joining JP Morgan in 2007, he was a senior consultant and developer at Broadway Technology and earlier worked in Equities Market Data and Trade Execution Technology at UBS.
Fabio Madar, Global Head of G10 Foreign Exchange Trading and Distribution, said: “Alex is one of the most innovative eFX trading professionals in the industry and brings extensive market and technical knowledge as well as client understanding to the role. Barclays has a strong legacy in electronic FX and Alex’s appointment will help us accelerate our electronic strategy as we continue to invest in the Markets business to better serve clients.”
Notes to Editors
- Barclays’ Markets business reported third quarter 2018 income of £1.2bn, up 19% (18% in US dollars) versus Q3 2017.
- Since Tim Throsby’s appointment in January 2017 to lead Barclays International, the Markets business has been focused on reinvesting for growth across people, technology and resources to increase returns for shareholders.
Throughout 2017 and into 2018, Barclays has hired close to 50 Managing
Directors in the Markets business, including:
- September 2017: Stephen Dainton, Head of Equities
- November 2017: Guy Saidenberg, Head of Distribution and Structuring
- November 2017: Michael Lublinsky, Head of Macro
- February 2018: Naseer Al-Khudairi, Global Head of Markets Electronic and Co-Head of Cash Equities
- July 2018: Mauricio Sada-Paz, Global Head of eFICC Product and Distribution
- August 2018: Fabio Madar, Global Head of G10 Foreign Exchange Trading and Distribution
- August 2018: Scott Eichel, Head of Securitized Products for Markets
- At the end of 2017, Stephen Dainton, Guy Saidenberg and Michael Lublinsky, together with Adeel Khan, Barclays existing Head of Credit, were confirmed as Co-Heads of Markets at Barclays reporting to Tim Throsby.
- Barclays has been named Best Bank for FX in London, Best Bank for GBP/USD and Best Bank for EUR/GBP in FX Week’s annual awards (Source: FX Week Nov 2018).
- BARX FX trading platform named as the ‘One to Watch’ (Profit & Loss Digital FX Awards, April 2018).
- Ranked #2 on 360T and #4 on Bloomberg for eFX volumes on multi-dealer platforms (Q3 2018).
- Launched SPECS™ for FX in 2018, an online portal that allows clients to easily view, verify and request modifications to their FX electronic trading connectivity and settings with Barclays.
Barclays is a transatlantic consumer and wholesale bank offering products and services across personal, corporate and investment banking, credit cards and wealth management, with a strong presence in our two home markets of the UK and the US.
With over 325 years of history and expertise in banking, Barclays operates in over 40 countries and employs approximately 80,000 people. Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for customers and clients worldwide.
For further information about Barclays, please visit our website www.home.barclays.