DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "North America Insulin Therapeutics Market - Segmented by Product Type, Drug Type, Disease Indication, and Geography - Growth, Trends, and Forecast (2018 - 2023)" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The North American insulin therapeutics market is expected to register a CAGR of 8% during the forecast period 2018-2023. The United States dominates the market, due to growing prevalence of diabetes and obesity in the country.
Growing Diabetes Prevalence in North America
The United States is the major consumer of insulin drugs, globally, owing to growing awareness of diabetes among the population, high healthcare expenditure, and adoption of advance therapeutics (biosimilars) in the countries.
However, Mexico and Canada are anticipated to expand significantly during forecast period, owing to rising rate of obesity, growing government initiatives in cure of chronic diseases in the countries, and genetic factors for Type 2 diabetes, which are likely to augment the insulin therapeutics market in North America.
Thus, increasing prevalence of diabetes across the North American region will surge a huge demand for insulin, which will drive the market for insulin therapeutics.
- Increasing Pricing Pressure & Expiration of Patents
- Mexico to Grow at a High CAGR
Notable Developments in the Market
- Novo Nordisk A/S launched Xultophy 100/3.6 (insulin degludec and liraglutide injection) in the United States.
- Merck Co. Inc. and Pfizer Inc. received US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approval for STEGLATROTM (ertugliflozin) tablets, an oral sodium-glucose cotransporter 2 (SGLT2) inhibitor, and the fixed-dose combination STEGLUJAN (ertugliflozin and sitagliptin) tablets.
- Bioton S.A.
- Eli Lilly & Company
- Merck & Co. Inc.
- Novo Nordisk A/S
- Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.
- Wockhardt Ltd.
Key Topics Covered
2. Research Methodology
3. Executive Summary
4. Key Inferences
5. Market Overview
6. Drivers, Restraints, Opportunities and Challenges Analysis (DROC)
7. Market Segmentation
8. Competitive Landscape
9. Key Players
10. Future of the Market
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/hq6jxj/north_american?w=4