FOUNTAIN VALLEY, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--As HyperX begins shipping Cloud Mix™, its first Bluetooth-enabled gaming and lifestyle headset this month, the gaming division of Kingston Technology Company, Inc. today announced that since its inception in 2002, it has shipped over 60 million memory modules, billions of bytes of memory. Chosen by OEMs, PC builders, overclockers, and the gaming community, HyperX has steadily grown as the largest independent gaming memory module manufacturer and performance leader. With this major milestone and the growth in sales of headsets, keyboards and mice, HyperX is projected to exceed $550 million in total revenue for branded products in 2018.
Since HyperX launched 16 years ago, it has increasingly expanded its product line and market reach. The HyperX brand is not only recognized for delivering high quality memory products, but also as a peripherals leader, providing gaming headsets, keyboards, mice, and mousepads to gamers across the globe. The HyperX Engineering Labs and engineering team is committed to developing technology to bring new performance memory products to the PC, mini-PC and notebook markets. HyperX provides a variety of memory solutions, including Predator DIMMs for high performance PC builds, FURY DIMMs for gamers building affordable PCs, and Impact SODIMMs for notebook updates and system builds.
“HyperX is pleased to be part of a thriving community of enthusiasts and builders by supporting them with the highest quality memory products,” said Mark Leathem, general manager, HyperX gaming division. “We continue to grow and support both PC and console gaming markets, and with our new Cloud Mix gaming and lifestyle headset, we are looking to expand into wider markets around the world.”
Since 2002, HyperX has helped drive and support a range of memory industry technology advancements to support enthusiasts, professionals and builders, including:
- Gaming memory capacity grew 62 times – from 256M to 16G
- Memory module speeds increased 12 times – from 333MHz to 4.133GHz
- Price per 1Gb decreased in cost 38 times, from $37.66 to $0.98 (ASP – Average Selling Price)
- Memory architecture advanced four times – from DDR1 through DDR4
“PC gamers, builders and OEMs have chosen HyperX as their trusted memory brand for PC or notebook gaming,” said Kristy Ernt, DRAM business manager, HyperX. “HyperX is pleased to be part of the gaming community and supplying high quality memory.”
Other milestones and accomplishments by HyperX:
- Entry into the overclocking gaming memory market in 2002
- The first gaming memory company to sponsor an esports event in China in 2004 (ACON’04, Shanghai)
- First company to sponsor a gaming organization for over 10 years (SK Gaming)
- First gaming brand to sponsor sports celebrities in basketball (Gordon Hayward, Joel Embiid, De’Aaron Fox) football (JuJu Smith-Shuster), and soccer (Dele Alli)
- First gaming brand to sponsor NBA teams as an esports gaming peripheral partner (Dallas Mavericks and Philadelphia 76ers), sponsored the inaugural NBA 2K League season and many first season NBA 2K teams (Mavs Gaming, Pacers Gaming, Grizzlies Gaming, Bucks Gaming, Jazz Gaming, Magic Gaming)
- First gaming brand to sponsor major esports arenas, including Esports Arena of Las Vegas
- First gaming memory vendor chosen as the base memory vendor for major PC OEMs
HyperX is the gaming division of Kingston Technology Company, Inc., the world’s largest independent memory manufacturer, with the goal of providing gamers, PC builders, and power users with high-performance components. For 15 years, the HyperX mission has been to develop gaming products for gamers – high-speed memory, solid state drives, headsets, keyboards, mice, USB flash drives, and mouse pads – to the gaming community and beyond. The award-winning HyperX brand has carved its name atop the leaderboard by consistently delivering products that deliver superior comfort, aesthetics, performance, and reliability. HyperX gear is the choice of pro gamers, tech enthusiasts, and overclockers worldwide because it meets the most stringent product specifications and is built with best-in-class components. HyperX has shipped over 60 million memory modules and 5 million gaming headsets worldwide.
Join the global #HyperXFamily at facebook.com/hyperxcommunity, and learn how HyperX products can enhance your console experience and boost performance for both you and your PC at hyperxgaming.com. Whatever your skill level, whatever genres you play, we embrace all gaming enthusiasts everywhere with our core belief — We’re All Gamers.
Editor’s Note: For additional information or executive interviews, please contact Mark Tekunoff, Kingston Technology Company, Inc. 17600 Newhope Street, Fountain Valley, CA USA 92708, 714-438-2791(Voice). Press images can be found in Kingston’s press room here.
Kingston, the Kingston logo, HyperX and the HyperX logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of Kingston Technology Corporation in the U.S. and/or other countries. All registered trademarks and trademarks are property of their respective owners.