REDMOND, Wash.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--This week’s Nintendo Download includes the following featured content:
Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch
- The World Ends with You: Final Remix – Complete the mission...or face erasure. That’s all Neku knows after regaining consciousness in the middle of a busy intersection without his memories. Now he and his partner must fight to survive a life-or-death game in this twisted tale with more turns than the urban labyrinth of Tokyo they’re trapped in. This definitive version of Square Enix’s RPG classic brings the dark story to life on the Nintendo Switch system along with an extra chapter, exclusive two-player combat, and some killer, new remixed music. The World Ends with You: Final Remix game will be available on Oct. 12.
- Starlink: Battle for Atlas Digital Edition – In the Starlink: Battle for Atlas game, you’re part of a group of heroic interstellar pilots, dedicated to free the Atlas star system from Grax and the Forgotten Legion, an evil robot force. Assemble your fleet and mix and match your pilots, Starships and weapons to create your own play style and defeat the enemy. The Nintendo Switch console version even features characters and vehicles from the Star Fox series! Starlink: Battle for Atlas Digital Edition will be available on Oct. 16.
- LEGO DC Super-Villains – It’s good to be bad. Embark on a new DC/LEGO adventure by becoming the best villain the universe has seen. Players will create and play as a new super-villain throughout the game, unleashing mischievous antics and wreaking havoc in an action-packed story. Joined by renowned DC Super-Villains the Joker, Harley Quinn and countless others from the Injustice League, players will set out on an epic adventure. The LEGO DC Super-Villains game will be available on Oct. 16.
- The Jackbox Party Pack 5 – It’s the return of the classic pop culture trivia mash-up game, YOU DON’T KNOW JACK: Full Stream; the game of hilarious hypotheticals, Split the Room; the lyric-writing, robot rap battle, Mad Verse City; the inventive drawing game, Patently Stupid; and the outer space fling-fest, Zeeple Dome. Use your phones or tablets as controllers and play with up to eight players, plus an audience of up to 10,000. The Jackbox Party Pack 5 game will be available on Oct. 17.
- NBA 2K Playgrounds 2 – NBA arcade action is back with the NBA 2K Playgrounds 2 game. The sequel to the original smash hit takes street balling to the next level with a massive roster of current and retired NBA players, improved online matchmaking with dedicated servers, four-player online matches, three-point contests, new playgrounds and custom matches. NBA 2K Playgrounds 2 will be available on Oct. 16.
Entertainment System – Nintendo Switch Online*:
- NES Open Tournament Golf – Challenge another player in Stroke, Match and Tournament modes. Play on three fantasy courses in the USA, the UK and Japan, and try to win a million dollars. Make sure you keep an eye on the wind and distance to the hole before selecting your club, or else you’ll be racking up some high scores…which is exactly what you don’t want to do in this game.
- Solomon’s Key – As Dana, a skilled and talented hero, you must strategically maneuver through over 40 stages using mysterious block-creation skills and other magical powers. Free the captive Fairy in each stage by finding the Bell, and escape by grabbing the Magic Key. Use quick thinking and magical firepower to discover hidden items and evade numerous enemies as you race against the clock.
- Super Dodge Ball – In the Super Dodge Ball game, you take control of the USA Dodge Ball team and travel the world in an effort to become the best dodge ballers around. Step onto playing fields in countries all over the globe and use a combination of normal and super shots to help take down your opponents. But be careful, as some destinations have surfaces that can affect your footing.
Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS
- Luigi’s Mansion – G-g-ghosts! Time to suck those suckers up because Luigi is back in the first portable version of this spooky classic. To beat the mansion’s many bosses and puzzles, a friend can join in for 2-player co-op**! Follow a map on the touchscreen, shine a flashlight, blow fire, shoot water, stun ghosts, and trap them…before Mario is trapped forever!
Nintendo eShop sales:
Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch, Nintendo 3DS and Wii U
- Great deals this week! Check out the full list of deals available this week at http://www.nintendo.com/games/sales-and-deals.
Nintendo “Games with an Edge” Sweepstakes – It’s the last week
to enter the My Nintendo “Games with an Edge” Sweepstakes. Enter now
for a chance to win a HUGE Nintendo Switch prize pack. While you’re
there, be sure to take the quiz to discover what game to play next.
- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Void where prohibited. Open to residents of the U.S. and Canada (excluding Quebec) who are a My Nintendo member and at least 13 years old. Promotion begins on 9/24/18 at 11:00 am PT and ends on 10/15/18 at 10:59 am PT for a chance to win. One (1) Grand Prize winner will receive: one (1) Nintendo Switch system, one (1) Home Cinema Projector for Gaming with Short Throw | HT2150ST, one (1) JaeilPLM 100-Inch 2-in-1 Portable Projector Screen, one (1) download code for Splatoon 2, one (1) download code for Splatoon 2: Octo Expansion DLC, one (1) download code for 2,500 V-Bucks for use in Fortnite (game not included) and one (1) download code for Stardew Valley (AVR $1,398.94). Ten (10) First Prize winners will each receive: one (1) Nintendo Switch Pro Controller, one (1) download code for Splatoon 2, one (1) download code for Splatoon 2: Octo Expansion DLC, one (1) download code for 2,500 V-Bucks for use in Fortnite (game not included) and one (1) download code for Stardew Valley (AVR $259.95 each). Total ARV $3,998.44. Winners will be selected at random from all eligible entries. Odds of winning a prize depend on number of eligible entries received. Details and restrictions apply; see Official Rules available at nintendo.com/switch/games-with-an-edge/sweepstakes-official-rules Sponsor: Nintendo of America Inc.
- The World Ends with You: Final Remix Wallpaper – My Nintendo is celebrating the launch of The World Ends with You: Final Remix with some new wallpaper. You can redeem your My Nintendo Platinum Points to get the wallpaper, which becomes available Oct. 12. Visit my.nintendo.com for more information.
Also new this week:
- ACA NEOGEO ZUPAPA! (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch)
- Art of Balance (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch)
- Battle Group 2 (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch)
- Big Buck Hunter Arcade (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch) – Available Oct. 16
- Boom Ball: Boost Edition (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch)
- Chasm (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch)
- Child of Light Ultimate Edition (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch)
- Crayola Scoot (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch) – Available Oct. 16
- Dungeon Village (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch)
- EXORDER (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch) – Available Oct. 16
- Feral Fury (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch)
- Game Dev Story (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch)
- Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch)
- Hot Springs Story (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch)
- Iris School of Wizardry -Vinculum Hearts- (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch)
- Joggernauts (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch)
- Madorica Real Estate (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch)
- Nefarious (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch)
- Rapala Fishing Pro Series (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch) – Available Oct. 16
- The Swindle (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch)
- Tricky Towers (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch)
- WARRIORS OROCHI 4 (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch) – Available Oct. 16
- Pinball Breakout (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
- Triple Breakout (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
- Petite Zombies (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
In addition to video games available at retail stores, Nintendo also offers a variety of content that people can download directly to their systems. Nintendo adds new games weekly to Nintendo eShop, which offers a variety of options for the Nintendo Switch console, the Wii U console and the Nintendo 3DS family of systems.
Nintendo eShop is a cash-based service that features a wide variety of content, including new and classic games, applications and demos. Users can add money to their account balances by using a credit card or purchasing a Nintendo eShop Card at a retail store and entering the code from the card. All funds from one card must be loaded in Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch, Wii U or the Nintendo 3DS family of systems, but can be used in any Nintendo eShop if the systems are linked to a single Nintendo Account.
Customers in the U.S. and Canada ages 18 and older can also link a PayPal account to their Nintendo Account to purchase digital games and content for the Nintendo Switch system both on-device and from the Nintendo website. Once the accounts are linked, users may also use PayPal as a payment option when buying digital content for the Wii U or Nintendo 3DS family systems from the Nintendo website.
My Nintendo members can earn Gold Points on eligible digital purchases. Already have Gold Points? Redeem them toward your next digital purchase of Nintendo Switch games and DLC on Nintendo eShop, or on discount rewards for select Nintendo 3DS and Wii U software. Visit https://my.nintendo.com/reward_categories for more details.
Remember that Nintendo Switch, Wii U, Wii, New Nintendo 3DS, New Nintendo 3DS XL, Nintendo 3DS, New Nintendo 2DS XL and Nintendo 2DS feature parental controls that let adults manage some of the content their children can access. Nintendo 3DS players who register a Nintendo Network ID gain access to free-to-start games and free game demos from Nintendo eShop, and also get the latest news and information direct from Nintendo. For more information about this and other features, visit http://www.nintendo.com/switch, http://www.nintendo.com/wiiu or http://www.nintendo.com/3ds.
*Nintendo Switch Online membership (sold separately) and Nintendo Account required. Not available in all countries. For the latest list of countries, please visit Customer Support. Internet access required for online features. The Nintendo Account User Agreement, including the Purchase and Subscription terms, apply.
**Additional games and systems are required for multiplayer mode. Sold separately.
Note to editors: Nintendo press materials are available at http://press.nintendo.com, a password-protected site. To obtain a login, please register on the site.