FRANKLIN, Tenn.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Today Hardee’s® is recognizing five All Stars, Americans who could have done things the easy way, but instead chose to do them the right way. The new Hardee’s All Star program celebrates honorees for their selflessness, bravery and commitment to giving back to their communities.
For nearly six decades, Hardee’s has been built on the values of not doing things the easy way – from their Made From Scratch Biscuits™ to Hand Breaded Chicken Tenders, Hardee’s is committed to real food, made right, served proud. As part of their dedication to local communities, Hardee’s is honoring these five All Stars, who, like Hardee’s, could have done things the easy way, but did things the right way.
To support the honorees’ causes, Hardee’s will be donating to each All Star’s efforts to continue their mission of making a difference.
The 2018 Hardee’s All Stars are:
- Caroline Lindner, Nashville, TN: Founder of Nashville Street Barbers, serving the homeless by providing free haircuts to those in need. Since 2017 the Nashville Street Barbers have provided hundreds of haircuts for the community.
- Gina Camelli, Youngstown, OH: A local teacher who set out to fix the current poverty situation happening in her local school district by creating an organization called Paw Pantry. In recent years the poverty level has risen from 6% to 40%. Paw Pantry is committed to providing food, clothes and necessities to students in need.
- Jeffrey Thomas, Indianapolis, IN: A special education teacher who made over 650 scarves after watching his students arrive in near freezing temperatures, sometimes with no more than a sweatshirt.
- Pastor Chris Williams, Montgomery, TX: Founder of God’s Garage, a non-profit auto repair service that focuses on helping single mothers, widows and the wives of deployed military members. Since 2012, the group has repaired more than 200 cars at no-cost and given away more than 100 restored vehicles to women in need.
- Rodney Smith Jr., Huntsville, AL: Founder of Raising Men Lawn Care Service, a non-profit aiming to help young people give back to their communities. Smith set out to travel to all 50 states to mow lawns for those in need. In July, Smith met his initial goal of reaching all 50, and now plans to continue his efforts by asking people from across the nation to post on Twitter where there are individuals in need of his organization’s service.
Hardee’s is calling on America to choose the 6th All Star by visiting www.hardeesallstars.com on or before October 9, 2018 to nominate someone who could have done things the easy way, but instead chose to do them the right way. Hardee’s will honor the 6th winning All Star by making a donation to support their cause.
“Hardee’s is built on community, and we pride ourselves on not doing things the easy way, but the right way,” said Blake Simpson, Head of Public Affairs and Communications, Hardee’s. “With the Hardee’s All Star Program, we are aiming to shine a light and celebrate real-life All Stars, and we hope their stories inspire others to pay it forward in their own communities.”
Hardee’s All Star launches timed to the return of Hardee’s $5 All Star Meals, available at Hardee’s locations throughout the United States. Visit www.hardeesallstars.com for more information about Hardee’s All Stars.
Follow Hardee’s on social media for the latest product news, offers and programs.
About CKE Restaurants Holdings, Inc.
CKE Restaurants Holdings, Inc. (“CKE”), a privately held company based in Franklin, Tennessee, runs and operates Carl’s Jr. and Hardee’s, two beloved regional brands, known for one-of-a-kind premium and innovative menu items such as 100 percent Black Angus Thickburgers®, Made from Scratch™ Biscuits and Hand-Breaded Chicken Tenders™. With both a US and international footprint, Carl’s Jr. Restaurants LLC and Hardee’s Restaurants LLC have over 3,800 franchised or company-operated restaurants in 44 states and 43 foreign countries and U.S. territories. For more information about CKE, please visit www.ckr.com or its brand sites at www.carlsjr.com and www.hardees.com.