NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The Security Token Academy, an organization focused on covering and facilitating the evolution of the security token industry, announces that Merrill Lynch, Securrency, Prime Trust and other top blockchain companies have signed on as Corporate Members of the Security Token Academy, and will be the sponsors of the upcoming Security Token Industry Launch Event in October.
The event will celebrate the launch of the emerging security token industry and explore the new generation of digital tokens. Panel discussions from top crypto and blockchain experts will zero in on the most important pillars of the security token industry, including current and future SEC regulations, tokenization companies and security token trading organizations, technical foundations for the security token industry and more. Keynote addresses will be delivered by former Nasdaq Vice Chairman David Weild, and Fabian Vogelsteller, the creator of the ERC-20 token standard.
“We are thrilled to bring together a top-tier group of panelists, guests and enthusiasts to speak about the exciting new developments in the crypto economy and the impending tokenization of assets,” said Aubrey Chernick, founder of the Security Token Academy. “Our corporate members and speakers are forward-thinking individuals with real experience on the frontlines of the security token industry and we’re honored to have them join us for the kick-off of this next generation of tokens.”
Security Token Academy Corporate Members, and supporters of the two-day conference include:
- Merrill Lynch, Private Banking & Investment Group: A division of Merrill Lynch, a Bank of America Corporation, that offers a broad array of personalized wealth management products and services
- Securrency: Provider of financial technology products for tokenized issuance and trading of securities
- Cascadia Blockchain Group: Incorporated in British Columbia and headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, Cascadia Blockchain Group is a public company listed on the Canadian Securities Exchange.(CSE: CK)
- Clifford Chance: Law firm with over 3,200 legal resources delivering innovative solutions to emerging fintech companies and leading financial institutions globally
- Harbor: Compliance platform for tokenizing private securities
- Prime Trust: Blockchain-driven trust company
- KoreConX: All-in-one platform for private companies to manage records, capital market activity, fundraising and investments
- StartEngine: Leading platform for equity crowdfunding and investment opportunities
- Tokeny: The Luxembourg-based fintech is dedicated to providing an institutional grade, secure end-to-end platform, supporting the sale and management of tokens during and after an STO
- tZero: Distributed ledger platform for capital markets
- Vertalo: A liquidity-enablement platform that offers an SEC-compliant stakeholder registry platform for use by issuance platforms, issuers, broker-dealers and the market participants that integrate with them
- Verify Investor, LLC: Leading resource for verification of accredited investor status as required by federal law
- Weild & Company: Fastest cloud-based investment bank in the US delivering better results for the growth and middle market economy
The Security Token Academy is also announcing additional speakers that will participate in panels at the conference. Newly added industry experts and thought leaders speaking include:
- Ryan Alfred, Co-Founder and Managing Partner at Distributed Global
- Yoel Goldfeder, CEO of VStock Transfer, LLC
- Gregory Keough, Founder and Chairman at Institute for Blockchain Innovation and CEO Finova Financial
- Rachel Lam, Financial services Market Lead at Hedera Hashgraph
- Alex Molé, Investor Relations Manager at blockchain-based investor-directed platform Neufund
- Vince Molinari, CEO of Templum
- Rob Nance, Managing Partner of CityBlock Capital
- Michael Oved, CEO of AirSwap
- Boriz Reznikov, Director of Partnerships at Stellar
- Jonathan Weibrecht, Director of Real Estate Capital Markets at security token compliance platform Harbor
Other previously announced conference speakers include Securrency CEO and Co-founder, Dan Doney; Securitize CEO Carlos Domingo; Fifth Wall Co-founder Brad Greiwe; Polymath Network COO and Co-founder Chris Housser; Aperature Real Estate Founder Andrew Jewett; KoreConX CEO, President and Co-Founder Oscar Jofre; Verify Investor, LLC Co-founder Jor Law; StartEngine CEO Howard Marks; head of Malta Stock Exchange Fintech Accelerator Programme Cliff Pace; former SEC Commissioner Troy Paredes; and Prime Trust CEO and Chief Trust Officer Scott Purcell.
The Security Token Industry Launch Event will take place on October 4-5 in New York City. Tickets are available now and include access to a special networking event that will take place on board the Spirit of New York Yacht.
For additional information and to order tickets for the October event, please visit: https://www.securitytokenacademy.com/info/security-token-industry-launch--1735/
About the Security Token Academy
The Security Token Academy is a new online resource exploring the forthcoming security token industry and the impact of global assets on the financial industry. The Security Token Academy will offer an expert series of live online video, panel discussions, interviews and in-person events to explore the evolution of the security token industry. The Security Token Academy enabled investors to understand the new and evolving security token and crypto-based investment industries, along with the associated opportunities and pitfalls.