SAN FRANCISCO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--DevOps World / Jenkins World – CloudBees, the enterprise DevOps leader powering the continuous economy, today announced at DevOps World | Jenkins World the general availability of CloudBees Jenkins Support, a subscription service for commercial Jenkins® support. This marks the first-ever, support-only offering for Jenkins users.
Jenkins is an open source automation server. With approximately 62 percent market share and millions of active users around the world, Jenkins is the de facto choice for continuous delivery and DevOps teams. CloudBees has packaged years of Jenkins expertise into CloudBees Jenkins Support. CloudBees engineers contribute about 80 percent of the source code for Jenkins and have led or participated in many important projects within the Jenkins community. Additionally, Kohsuke Kawaguchi, chief technology officer at CloudBees, is the original developer of Jenkins.
Enterprises can now purchase a support-only subscription from CloudBees that enables IT teams to be more efficient with Jenkins. Through its traditional product subscriptions, CloudBees already manages and supports some of the largest and most demanding Jenkins implementations in the world. Given the keen insight, vast knowledge and experience gained over the years, CloudBees has developed an expansive knowledge base and support infrastructure to detect and resolve issues in customer environments, resulting in more stable and compliant Jenkins implementations.
Benefits of CloudBees Jenkins Support Include:
- Technical support and maintenance for Jenkins, backed by an SLA
- Enhanced Jenkins stability
- Risk-free upgrades via CloudBees Assurance Program, a rigorous vetting process to verify Jenkins core and identify CloudBees-certified plugins
- Developer support for Jenkins Pipeline best practices and optimization
- Access to free, self-paced online training to build Jenkins and DevOps mastery
- Assisted Updates, an offering whereby CloudBees gives assistance to the customer for the upgrade of their environment by providing advice, recommendations and insights during the planning phase
- Automated diagnostics service that utilizes the most comprehensive Jenkins knowledge base
- Continuous Delivery Acceleration program, a prescriptive approach to accelerate their continuous delivery journey
“Technical people have long understood that open source software and support are a winning combination,” said Kawaguchi. “Our people know Jenkins the best, bar none, full stop. We've been helping people for years to get the most out of their Jenkins.”
- Learn more about CloudBees Jenkins Support
- Sign up for CloudBees Jenkins Support
- Read the Blog: CloudBees Jenkins Support - DevOps and Jenkins Expertise at Your Side
- Read the solution brief about CloudBees Jenkins Support
- Read what customers say about support from CloudBees
The registered trademark Jenkins® is used pursuant to a sublicense from the Jenkins project and Software in the Public Interest, Inc. Read more at: www.cloudbees.com/jenkins/about
CloudBees is powering the continuous economy by building the world’s first end-to-end system for automating software delivery, the CloudBees Suite. The CloudBees Suite builds on emerging DevOps practices and continuous integration (CI) and continuous delivery (CD) automation adding a layer of governance, visibility and insights necessary to achieve optimum efficiency and control new risks. Since every company in the world is now a software company, this new automated software delivery system will become the most mission-critical business system in the modern enterprise. As today’s clear leader in continuous CI/CD, CloudBees is uniquely positioned to define and lead the automated software delivery category. CloudBees puts companies on the fastest path to transforming great ideas into great software and returning value to the business more quickly.
Backed by Matrix Partners, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Verizon Ventures, Delta-v Capital, Golub Capital and Unusual Ventures, CloudBees was founded in 2010 by former JBoss CTO Sacha Labourey and an elite team of continuous integration, continuous delivery and DevOps professionals. Follow CloudBees on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and Google+.