SARATOGA SPRINGS, N.Y.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Brandsight, a provider of next-generation corporate domain management solutions, recently completed its Second Annual Domain Management Survey to measure how domain name professionals are spending their time, the issues that they are currently facing, and their key objectives for the coming year.
Elisa Cooper, SVP of Marketing and Policy, explains, “This year’s survey revealed that for 53% of respondents, managing domain name portfolios has become more difficult. Given the impact of GDPR, along with the desire to right-size portfolios, drive traffic to relevant content, and reduce expenditures, these results confirm what we have been hearing in the market – that companies are still facing a number of domain management challenges.”
Highlights from the Second Annual Brandsight Domain Management Survey include:
- 22% of respondents spend 2-3 days each week managing their portfolios, and 32% spend 4-5 days each week, with a close correlation between portfolio size and the amount of time spent managing the portfolio
- 53% of respondents said that managing their domain name portfolios has become more difficult over the past year
- 88% of respondents said that dealing with the impact of GDPR and the inability to access WHOIS contact information has been a challenge for them
- 81% of respondents said that paring back bloated portfolios has been a challenge for them
- 97% of respondents said that ensuring the security of their domain portfolio is an important goal
- 88% of respondents said that reducing domain management expenditures is an important goal
Survey Respondent Details
Respondents to the survey were corporate domain name professionals. Of those that responded, 35% had portfolios that were between 3,000-10,000 domains and another 30% had portfolios greater than 10,000 domains. Fifty-seven percent of respondents reported that they manage domains out of the legal department, with the remaining respondents’ portfolios managed out of IT, marketing and other groups.
Full survey results are available upon request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Leveraging today’s technology to deliver secure, intuitive and powerful domain management solutions, Brandsight is a completely reimagined corporate domain name registrar. Led by true industry experts who understand the complexities of managing corporate domain name portfolios, Brandsight is exclusively focused on corporate domain name management, and is developing a suite of solutions designed to revolutionize the way corporate domain name portfolios are managed.
For more information about Brandsight, visit www.brandsight.com.