DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Global Dietary Supplements Market - Growth, Trends, and Forecast (2018 - 2023)" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The global dietary supplements market was valued at USD 96 billion in 2017, and it is expected to grow at a CAGR of 6.9%, during the forecast period.
The dietary supplements market is preliminarily driven by the paradigm shift toward preventive health management practices amid rising healthcare costs and increasing burden of lifestyle diseases. Digitization in retail is expected to boost the future growth of dietary supplements. Moreover, the popularity of herbal and probiotic supplements is also expected to drive the market growth in the future.
Based on product type, the vitamin segment is steadily growing whereas the fatty acid segment represents the fastest growing supplement segment due to popularity of omega-3-based supplements. Dietary supplements, such as vitamins, minerals, botanicals, enzymes, fatty acids, and proteins, help promote general health and well-being, by preventing nutritional deficiency diseases.
The vitamin segment of the global dietary supplement market was valued at USD 34.39 billion in 2017, and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 6.6% during the forecast period. Mineral-based dietary supplement is a well-established segment of the overall nutraceutical market, owing to its longstanding tradition of use and years of clinical research.
Developments in the Market
- In May 2018, Deerland Enzymes & Probiotics launched a new water-soluble form of its Bacillus subtilis spore-forming probiotic strain which is not only heat-tolerant but can also be more easily incorporated into hot beverages, gummies, and functional drinks.
- Activ Nutritional LLC launched Viactiv Digestive Health Soft Chews, expanding the iconic Viactiv supplement brand into the expanding digestive health category.
- In May 2018, Good Day Chocolate created a category of on-the-go chocolate supplements for adults including Sleep, Energy and Calm, Multivitamin, and Probiotic that support daily health and digestion wellness while Sleep and Calm provide sleep and anxiety relief.
Key Topics Covered
2. Market Insights
3. Market Dynamics
4. Market Segmentation
5. Regional Market Analysis
6. Competitive Landscape
7. Company Profiles
- Bayer AG
- Blackmore Ltd.
- Herbalife Ltd.
- Integrated BioPharma Inc.
- Koninklijke DSM N.V.
- Natures Bounty Inc.
- Nu Skin
- Omega Protein Corporation
- Otsuka Pharmaceuticals
- Reckitt Benckiser
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/bbchfg/global_dietary?w=4