DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Non-Alcoholic Steatohepatitis (NASH) Market by Drug Type, and Sales Channel - Global Opportunity Analysis and Industry Forecast, 2021-2025" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The global non-alcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH) market was valued at $1,179 million in 2017, and is expected to reach $21,478 million by 2025, growing at a CAGR of 58.4% from 2021 to 2025.
NASH is projected to lead the cause of liver transplantation in the U.S. in the coming years. Some major factors such as higher prevalence of NASH, expected launch of pipeline drugs, and higher number of unmet needs drive the growth of this market. However, poor diagnosis of NASH due to the lack of ideal diagnostic technologies limit the growth of the NASH market.
Based on drug type, the market is segmented into vitamin E & pioglitazone, ocaliva, elafibranor, and selonsertib & cenicriviroc. Vitamin E & pioglitazone segment contributes majorly due to effectiveness in a treatment of steatosis, inflammation, hepatocyte ballooning, and scarring in NASH patients.
- Based on drug type, the selonsertib & cenicriviroc segment is expected to exhibit the fastest market growth, is projected to grow at a CAGR of 73.7% from 2021 to 2025.
- Based on sales channel, the retail pharmacy segment held more than half of the global market share in 2017 and is expected to remain dominant throughout the forecast period.
- Based on sales channel, the online provider segment exhibited fastest growth and is anticipated to grow at a CAGR of 63.2% from 2021-2025.
- Based on region, Asia-Pacific is expected to experience growth at the highest rate, registering a CAGR of 62.62% during the forecast period.
Key Topics Covered
Chapter 1: Introduction
Chapter 2: Executive Summary
Chapter 3: Market Overview
Chapter 4: Nonalcoholic Steatohepatitis (NASH) Market, by Drug Type
Chapter 5: Nonalcoholic Steatohepatitis (NASH) Market, by Sales Channel
Chapter 6: Nonalcoholic Steatohepatitis (NASH) Market, by Region
Chapter 7: Company Profiles
- Allergan PLC
- Cadila Healthcare Ltd.
- Conatus Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- Galmed Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
- Gemphire Therapeutics Inc.
- Genfit SA
- Gilead Sciences Inc.
- Intercept Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- Novartis International AG
- Shire PLC
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/sdd5mz/global?w=4