BOSTON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Startup Boston today announced the speaker lineup for its second annual conference connecting, celebrating and educating Boston's startup community. Coming September 10-14, 2018, Startup Boston will include more than 50 free events across the city that are geared towards everyone from aspiring founders and leaders at growing companies, to those interested in exploring opportunities to work with or at startups. Startup leaders and investors will provide attendees with actionable advice, insights into startup strategy and a better working knowledge of small business practices.
“Having spoken at and witnessed multiple sessions during the first year of Startup Boston, I can attest to how incredible this event is for the community,” says David Chang, prominent investor and entrepreneur in Boston. “It’s the first event where all aspects of startups collide, and those from inside the startup scene share real-world advice and experience with future founders and business leaders. It’s a must-attend for people working with up and coming local startups, but even those with a passing interest in the startup world will take away valuable knowledge and connections from this conference.”
At Startup Boston 2018, attendees will hear from Boston’s brightest entrepreneurs, strategic advisers, top-tier investors, community leaders, civic supporters and students across a diverse set of programs, including:
- Rob Go, Partner and Co-founder, NextView Ventures – Why Boston IS Great for Consumer Tech Startups (And How to Make It Better)
- Elias Torres, Founder and CTO, Drift – Tech Cofounders, Startup CTOs, and Those Aspiring: Ask Me Anything
- Joe Chernov, CMO, InsightSquared – Effective Startup Branding
- Katie Martell, Marketing Consultant, On-Demand Marketing – Content Marketing for Startups: Ask Me Anything
- Jean Hammond, General Partner, LearnLaunch, and Investor, Golden Seeds and LaunchPad Venture Group – Pre-Traction Fundraising: What Matters to Boston Seed-Stage Investors
- Maia Heymann, Co-founder and General Partner, Converge – What Makes a Good Founder (and Co-Founder)?
- Shereen Shermak, Advisor, Flybridge and seed-stage angel investor – Pitch Feedback Workshop
- Paul Sagan, Managing Director, General Catalyst – What it Takes to Create a Billion-dollar Company
- Sharon Kan, CEO and Co-founder, Pepperlane – User-driven Growth for Startups: Driving Referrals, Evangelism, & More
Now in its second year, Startup Boston (formerly Boston Startup Week) is expected to draw thousands of attendees from the local startup community. Last year the conference held 52 events and was attended by over 2,500 people.
“In an innovation hub like Boston, it’s no wonder that there’s a massive appetite for this type of event. Still, the inaugural year of Startup Boston was even more of a success than we anticipated. It has been amazing to hear about the connections and relationships that have grown out of that first year,” said Stephanie Roulic, founder of Startup Boston. “For this year, our outstanding lineup of speakers will cover everything from how to build the best companies, products and teams, to important industry trends. There is truly something to learn for everyone.”
More information about Startup Boston events and how to register for them can be found at: http://startupbos.org/tracks/.
About Startup Boston
Startup Boston is a free, five-day series of events celebrating, educating, and connecting Boston’s startup community. Whether you’re an aspiring founder, a leader at a growing company, or someone exploring opportunities to work with or at startups, Startup Boston has an event for you. More information can be found at http://startupbos.org or on Twitter @startupbosorg.