PLANO, Texas--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Cinemark Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: CNK), a leader in the motion picture exhibition industry, announced today that Movie Club, the first exhibitor-sponsored subscription program, continued its growth momentum and reached 350,000 active members, 45 percent of which were new to the exhibitor’s existing loyalty program. Movie Club members represent approximately 6 percent of Cinemark’s box office revenues and remain highly engaged with a 75 percent redemption rate of Movie Club ticket credits.
The Movie Club offering is one 2D movie ticket at any show time for $8.99 per month. In addition, key differentiators of the program include:
- Unused tickets roll over and never expire for active members;
- A 20 percent concession discount every visit;
- Additional tickets and companion tickets available all month long at $8.99 member pricing;
- Ability to reserve seats and buy tickets in advance with NO online fees;
- Premium format ticket upgrades available for XD, 3D and IMAX; and
- No risk – members can cancel at any time with six months to utilize unused movie credits.
“We’re thrilled with the continued success of our Movie Club program, particularly the milestone of more than 1,000 members per theatre location,” stated Mark Zoradi, Cinemark’s Chief Executive Officer. “Our program targets a wide array of moderate to frequent movie-goers, which is a much larger population pool than the ultra-high frequency patrons. Our value offering is receiving phenomenal guest reviews to date with the roll-over feature, 20 percent concession discount, and waived online fees specified as the favored amenities.”
Movie Club is accepted at all Cinemark locations across the nation, including Century Theatres, CinéArts, Tinseltown and Rave Cinemas. To join, visit www.cinemark.com/movieclub or download the Cinemark app.
ABOUT CINEMARK HOLDINGS, INC.:
Cinemark is a leading domestic and international motion picture exhibitor, operating 539 theatres with 5,998 screens in 41 U.S. states, Brazil, Argentina and 13 other Latin American countries as of June 30, 2018. For more information go to investors.cinemark.com.