DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Global Advanced Composite Materials Market - Segmented by Fiber Type, End-user Industry, and Geography - Growth, Trends, and Forecast (2018 - 2023)" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The advanced composite materials market is expected to register a moderate growth during the forecast period, 2018 to 2023. Europe is dominating the market, accounting for around 30% of the global market in 2017.
Advanced composite materials are used in various aerospace and defense applications, owing to their properties, such as high strength, stiffness, heat & chemical resistivity, electrical conductivity, and various other thermal and chemical properties, etc. They are widely used in ballistic protective applications, such as, bullet proof vests, protective apparel, such as gloves, motorcycle protective clothing, and hunting gaiters.
Due to their light yet stiff design structures, they are used in the interior of an airplane or a jet, the rotor blades of a helicopter, aircraft seats, and aircraft brakes. Many countries are focusing in growing a domestic defense industry while manufacturing hardware locally. These factors are expected to drive the demand for advanced composite materials, during the forecast period.
- Increasing Demand for Lightweight Materials in the Aerospace & Defense Industry
- Increasing Demand from Automotive Industry
- Europe to Dominate the Market
Notable Developments in the Market
- December 2017: Teijin Aramid announced its intention to increase the production capacity for its Twaron super fiber by more than 25%. This additional capacity will become available within the next five years.
Major players include: Mitsubishi Chemical Carbon Fiber & Composites Inc., Toray Industries Inc., Kolon Industries Inc., and SGL Group, among others.
- 3B-the fibreglass company
- Cytec Solvay Group
- Hexcel Corporation
- Hyosung Corporation
- Kolon Industries Inc.
- Koninklijke Ten Cate BV
- Mitsubishi Chemical Carbon Fiber & Composites Inc.
- Owens Corning
- SGL Group
- Teijin Limited
- Toray Industries Inc.
- Yantai Tayho Advanced Materials Co. Ltd.
Key Topics Covered
2. Executive Summary
3. Market Insights
4. Market Dynamics
5. Market Segmentation and Analysis (Market Size, Growth and Forecast)
6. Regional Market Analysis (Market Size, Growth and Forecast)
7. Competitive Landscape
8. Company Profiles (Overview, Financials, Products & Services, Recent Developments)
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/9q53qg/worldwide?w=4