CARLSBAD, Calif. & BOSTON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The eleventh annual BioPharm America™ will welcome over 700 global life science executives including pharma, established biotech, startups, and more investors than ever seeking strategic opportunities for new deals advancing drug development partnerships. As part of Biotech Week Boston, the event is produced by EBD Group and will take place September 5–6 at the Hynes Convention Center in Boston.
“Each year, BioPharm America draws industry leaders from around the world to this unique partnering event that forms the nexus of discovery and realization,” said Anna Chrisman, Group Managing Director, EBD Group. “The event plays a vital role in connecting emerging biotech with companies that seek to work with them, facilitating partnerships that drive growth and innovation.”
The event provides robust opportunities for biotech startups to meet industry experts and network with investors including one-to-one partnering, presentation opportunities, and startup pitch competition.
Hear top experts in the industry during the new Xcelerate keynote series, including biotech pioneer Robert Langer from MIT; Amy Shulman, CEO at Lyndra and Partner at Polaris Partners; US Surgeon General Jerome Adams; and Elizabeth Nabel, President at Brigham Health.
Luke Timmerman, Founder of Timmerman Report, will give a special lunch presentation for attendees on September 5 with amazing slides of his Mt. Everest climb—he summited and raised $339,000 for cancer research at Fred Hutch in the process. Luke describes the climb’s lessons about leadership here.
Highlights of the panels with key industry leaders, pharma executives, and investors include:
- “How pharma and VC collaborations are changing the industry,” with speakers from Pfizer, Medicxi, Agent Capital, and Roche Partnering.
- “Company creation: Does in-house formation outweigh traditional investments for VCs?,” keynote session with speakers from Lightstone Venture and Atlas Venture.
- “High-impact ideas and use-inspired research, a chat on how to create innovations that matter,” keynote session with speakers from MIT and Polaris Partners.
- Xcelerate keynotes on how the life sciences is adapting to unprecedented changes in drug development and what is on the horizon with speakers from US Department of Health and Human Services, Third Rock Ventures, MIT, Brigham Health, and Regeneron Pharmaceuticals.
- Panels and presentations on key therapeutic areas such as neurodegeneration, cell and gene therapies, rare diseases, underserved diseases, and oncology, with speakers from Merck, Biogen, Takeda, AbbVie, Novartis, Labiotech, PureTech Health, Clearview Healthcare Partners, Burrage Capital, MPM Capital, Oncology Impact Fun, and Nanobiotix USA.
In addition, this year, BioPharm America will host two pre-event educational courses on September 4: Cell & Gene Connect: Partnering Workshop, featuring panel discussions on the evolving landscape and best practices for collaboration, as well as Product Valuation and Deal Structuring: Business Development Masterclass, which will provide attendees the opportunity to review valuation methods, refresh assessing skills, and improve both buying and selling negotiation strategies.
EBD Group’s gold-standard partneringONE® has just been upgraded to an even more robust and powerful experience, with enhanced search capabilities, access to attendees’ meeting profiles from all past EBD events, and a fully responsive mobile platform. Partnering opened July 25.
Additional links and information:
About EBD Group
EBD Group's overriding mission is to help collaborations get started across the life science value chain. Our range of partnering conferences has grown to become the largest and most productive conference platform in the industry. Each one of our six landmark events held in key life science markets around the world is powered by our state-of-the-art partnering software, partneringONE®, that enables delegates to efficiently identify and engage with new opportunities via one-to-one meetings.
Today our events (BIO-Europe®, BIO-Europe Spring®, BioPharm America™, Biotech Showcase™, ChinaBio® Partnering Forum, Cell & Gene Connect, Digital Medicine & Medtech Showcase, and BioEquity Europe) annually attract more than 15,000 senior life science executives who engage in over 50,000 one-to-one partnering meetings. These vital one-to-one engagements are the wellspring of deals that drive innovation in our industry.
Tune into EBD Group’s Partnering Insight for timely coverage of news that influences the business strategies of the life science industry. EBD Group is an Informa company. For more information please visit www.ebdgroup.com.