NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Securities Training Corporation (STC), the market leader in securities training, today announced that the company’s first-to-market Securities Industry Essentials (SIE) Exam training package is available for purchase.
The learner-centric SIE Course materials apply best practices in instructional design, adult learning theory, and graphic design to create an interactive and memorable experience. Designed to meet the visual, cognitive and practical needs of today’s learner, they provide a strong foundation for learning that sticks.
The SIE Exam is a new, introductory-level FINRA exam for current non-registered staff members and prospective securities industries professionals who are not associated with a brokerage firm as well as individuals pursuing careers in the financial service industry. The SIE Exam, which is a prerequisite to working within the financial services industry, assesses a candidate’s basic knowledge of securities industry topics.
STC’s Premier study package will provide candidates with the following:
- Pre-recorded lectures offer an option that traditional classes do not—the ability for students to rewind and review topics they may have found difficult the first time through and to then proceed confidently at their own pace. With topic quizzes embedded throughout the lecture, students can be assured that all relevant topics are fully tested before advancing to the next subject. Each lecture includes handouts that can be downloaded for review.
Online progress exams
- Used in conjunction with the study manual, these diagnostic progress examinations measure the student’s performance as they move through the program. The SIE program utilizes four performance measurements which are delivered online through my.STCInteractive. Each progress exam consists of 20 questions with explanations.
- There are two 85-question Greenlight Exams. The Greenlight Exams are essentially end-of-course exams that are designed to help students determine their readiness for the SIE Exam.
- These exams may be customized by selecting specific chapters as well as the number of questions. This option provides students with the ability to focus on topics that they find the most challenging.
- STC offers 8 Final Exams. These examinations will assist students in applying the concepts they learned in the study manual to questions which are given in the same multiple-choice format used in the SIE Exam. Each exam may be taken either with or without the explanations displayed after each question.
- The online Flashcards are used as an additional study option for each student’s training program. The Flashcards can be organized by course, chapter, or FINRA Examination sections. This study tool allows students to test themselves (internet access required).
Textbook and online study manuals
- The print Study Manual provides interactive, exam-focused learning. It is shipped to students upon the purchase of an exam. They include a study calendar, chapter quizzes, a topical guide and a glossary, all to better help students understand the concepts needed to pass the exam.
- On each student’s homepage, the “My Scores” button will provide a snapshot of the student’s progress. This section provides students with their score per attempt as well as the amount of time spent testing. After completing multiple exams, this function will allow students to identify the topics representing strengths and those representing weaknesses. The topic breakdown is based on the chapters in the study manual.
Crunch Time Facts
- The Crunch Time Facts are a collection of statements STC believes are valuable as students engage in the final preparation to sit for the SIE Exam.
Additionally, STC’s Premier package includes updates for one year, 24/7 tech support and an instructor hotline. The Premier study package is available for purchase now at an introductory price of $119.00.
“We expect the SIE Exam to be challenging and require candidates to have an understanding of many different aspects of the securities industry,” said Paul Skordilis, President of STC. “With our industry-leading pass rates, experience, and personalized approach to learning, our training materials reflect what can be expected on the SIE Exam.”
Traditional securities exams usually require an individual to be an employee of a sponsoring firm to take the exam. The SIE Exam will not require the candidate to have sponsorship and individuals are permitted to take the exam before or after associating with a firm. The exam will not allow an individual to perform a function, but will instead serve as one part in a combination of exams that will be equivalent to the securities exams currently being offered (e.g., Series 6, 7, 57, or 79). Interested candidates, 18 and older, will be available to enroll for the SIE Exam on or after October 1st, 2018. The SIE Exam will be pass/fail, and individuals who pass will not receive a numerical score, and exam results are valid for four years.
STC is the leading provider of training for the financial industry, offering FINRA and NASAA pre-licensing and continuing education courses along with Life, Accident and Health pre-licensing courses for over 3,500 corporate clients worldwide. More than a million professionals have used STC to prep for their exams and launch their careers.
To learn more about the features of STC’s SIE Program and to purchase the training, visit https://www.stcusa.com/sie/. STC also offers enterprise pricing for SIE exam training. For more information on enterprise pricing, contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Additional information about the SIE Exam can be found on the STC website at https://www.stcusa.com/sie/.
About Securities Training Corporation
Founded on Wall Street in 1969, Securities Training Corporation (STC) has successfully helped over 1,000,000 professionals pass FINRA regulatory exams and launch their careers. STC has grown to become the leading provider of financial examination training, working with the top banks and broker dealers in America to offer FINRA exam courses like Series 6, Series 7, Series 24, Series 79, and Securities Industry Essentials (SIE) (coming October 2018) in addition to continuing education, and Life, Accident and Health pre-licensing courses. STC is committed to providing a superior customer experience and innovative product offerings. Learn more at www.stcusa.com.