DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Biodegradable Polymers: Global Markets and Technologies Through 2022" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The global market for biodegradable polymers is expected to grow because of its high demand in a broad range of end-user industries across the globe.
Although biodegradable polymers have been commercially available for 20 years, they are still considered very early in their product life cycle. This market faces several major problems; most importantly are relatively high prices and the lack of an infrastructure for effective composting, an extremely critical aspect of biodegradable polymers market success.
The biodegradable polymers market is expected to continue its high growth over the next five years dominated by packaging and followed by fibres/fabrics. The packaging segment accounted 78.5% of the total value in 2017. Most of the remaining applications of biodegradable polymers will experience considerable growth rates partly because of the low market numbers.
The fibres/fabrics market will experience a substantial growth, especially from the hygiene and agricultural end-uses that includes mulching films. The medical application segment of biodegradable polymers is anticipated to experience the highest growth rate among all the biodegradable polymers applications in coming years.
The report includes:
- An overview of the global markets for biodegradable polymers
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2016 and 2017, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2022
- Discussion of chemical types of biodegradable polymers along with their properties and production processes
- Evaluation of current and potential applications
- Comprehensive company profiles of major Players in the Market including BASF, Biomer, Cereplast, Danimer Scientific, Earthshell Container Corp., Mitsui Chemicals, Toray Industries, Inc., and Toyobo Co., Ltd.
Key Topics Covered
2 Summary and Highlights
5 Definitions and Standards
6 Technical Aspects of the Degradability of Resins
7 Patents Related to Biodegradable Polymers
8 Market Overview
9 Market Breakdown by Chemical Type
10 Market Breakdown by Application
11 Market Breakdown by Region
12 Competitive Landscape
13 Company Profiles
- Biologische Naturverpackungen GmbH & Co. KG (Biotec)
- Biome Bioplastics Ltd
- Biopolymer Technologies AG (Biop)
- Danimer Scientific
- Earthshell Container Corp.
- Fkur Plastics Corp.
- Galactic SA
- Huhtamaki Group
- Mitsui Chemicals
- Natureworks Llc
- Novamont S.P.A.
- Plantic Technologies Ltd
- PSM North America
- Rodenburg Biopolymers B.V.
- Synbra Technology BV
- Teijin Limited
- Teknor Apex
- Tianan Biologic Material Co. Ltd.
- Tianjin Guoyun Biological Materials Co. Ltd.
- Toray Industries, Inc.
- Toyobo Co., Ltd.
- Zhejiang Hisun Biomaterials Co., Ltd.
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/g4dxrp/biodegradable?w=4